Administrator
Think the mower will fit?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gary's Trailer Quest

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I'll check with my neighbor to see if he wants me to take his mower in as well.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Bruno2
I have a tool box I will give you. I am sick of storing it !
I will send you a pic when I can remember. It isnt huge. Something 3'X3'X3'. It is certainly of good quality. It does have one hole that needs to be closed or not. The hole is probably big enough to drop a golf ball in. The box is white and will need to be painted to match. It is not a truck bed tool box, but more of an over the road truck tool box.

It would hold a lot of straps, boomers and tie downs
Whitey: 1996 F 250 XL CCLB 4X4 7.3 DI ZF5 (The Work Horse) Lots of power mods
Whitey Jr: AKA Jr 1982 F 150 CCLB 4X4 351W C6 (Jr Work Horse) respectable power, but not over the top
The Bronco: 1987 Bronco XLT 351W C6 (needs work) Lots of off road mods and plenty of power mods
The Dodge: 2006 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 5.9 HO Cummins (The reliable ride that cant keep an AC in itself) (5th AC go around almost complete)
Reply | Threaded
|

Bruno2
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Trailer is nice for sure!

I may need to borrow it lol. Jason is wanting to buy a corvette somewhere around the OKC area. It has a blown motor (not the good kind of blown either). He wants to build a 200mph car to take out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's a bucket list thing dont ask
Whitey Jr: AKA Jr 1982 F 150 CCLB 4X4 351W C6 (Jr Work Horse) respectable power, but not over the top
The Bronco: 1987 Bronco XLT 351W C6 (needs work) Lots of off road mods and plenty of power mods
The Dodge: 2006 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 5.9 HO Cummins (The reliable ride that cant keep an AC in itself) (5th AC go around almost complete)
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Bruno2
Probably big enough to run the battery cables through...

Gary could bank some agm or gel cells (anything sealed) in there and run his winch all day long.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Brandon?  BRANDON?  You exist?  

Borrow my trailer?  When you have a nice one with new lights, wires, and bearings?  With only 2k miles on them?

Anyway, send me a pic of the tool box, but I'm knee-deep in projects, so it may be a while before I can get to it.  Thanks!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Bruno2
If you remember the trailer discussion when I was describing how I ordered mine. I opted to not go with the dovetail . I didnt want to sacrifice the payload space since it wasnt intended for car hauling. Well when you look at something that sits as low as a vette does it presents a problem with loading and unloading. I believe the grade will be too steep to keep from ripping off ground effects. We have kicked around a few ideas as to how to avoid it. we can probably make  it happen, but this is the only time I have ever wished it had the dovetail.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I remember the discussion.  And for what I'm doing the dovetail isn't a problem as it only lowers the rear of the vehicle a very few inches.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Bruno2
Bruno2 wrote
Trailer is nice for sure!

I may need to borrow it lol. Jason is wanting to buy a corvette somewhere around the OKC area. It has a blown motor (not the good kind of blown either). He wants to build a 200mph car to take out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's a bucket list thing dont ask
2019 ZR1 210 MPH

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-preview-article-1.3628007