Fuel line upgrade

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fuel line upgrade

smitty67
Hey guys,I haven't been here in a while.You know "life".Anyway I am still working on my '86 that I bought in '86.I am trying to upgrade the fuel lines from the OE nyline lines to braided dash 6an. Has anyone done this?Any sugggestions or tech help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fuel line upgrade

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Why?  The Nylon lines are more than capable of handling fuel and whatever pressure you are running.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

smitty67
Yessir,but they are so old and brittle. I replaced the front and rear tanks with new ones and when I removed the quick connects the lines broke.Also does anyone know of an alternative to the tank selector/resevoir that the '86 has? Is there an aftermarket alternative or has someone come up with a better solution?
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by smitty67
I'm pretty sure Chad/Little Beefy has swapped over to braided lines with AN fittings.

You might look back through his posts.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

smitty67
How do I find little Beefy's post?I'm kinda new at this...
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you click on their avatar you can see all posts in reverse chronological order.

Here, I did some legwork for you,     https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Making-your-own-lines-td123149.html#a123183
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

smitty67
Did I say something wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don’t see anything wrong. Why do you ask?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm sorry, I was just trying to be helpful.  

Some members (like Gary) have a huge amount of posts, and the search function here on the forum unfortunately doesn't work well.
Wading through hundreds of pages can make my eyes glaze over.

If Chad's discussion about using braided lines isn't the sort of thing you were looking for perhaps we can find other threads?
 Jim,