Electrical distribution and lighting upgrades?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Electrical distribution and lighting upgrades?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done, Bill!  Good job, Larry!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Good to hear. Glad I could be of use.

---

My aimers came in today. Everything is there, but there's a couple of broken pieces that thanfully I didn't need for my application (I've JB-welded them back together). Even had an obscure set of adapters for super-slanted Saturn housings (which is good, my buddy is a 3rd Gen Saturn fanboy who apparently needs his headlights aimed on his two Saturns).

Anyway, the only issues I had was dirty mirrors (which I will clean later- may have to disasseble the units) and poor suction (Had one aimer fall off- wetting the cup with a hose helped). Per the aimers, my headlights were too low and both too far to the right.

Results:

Not too shabby? No JW speaker, but also about half the cost!
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good job, Larry!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Larry, I received mine 20 Jan. I tried sending you a message through the site, but don't think it went through. I have an extra case due to now having 3 aimers. Unfortunately, part of the "universal" adapters were bad in the new set. The ones I would use on Darth (black set) are missing one support and one more was broken. (Darth has a 1990 front clip that came with the EFI engine and E4OD). My konvertible has the 4 small rectangular lights so I have those.

My original set has Marquette on the case, but the units are Hoppy. It was given to me by the owner of a Sunoco station that was to be torn down with a couple of other places for a strip mall on US 17 in Suffolk VA.
On the "universal" adapters, do you have the articulating suction cups and extensions? If not, I have two complete sets and extra extensions.

On cleaning the mirrors, easiest way I found, is this:
(1) remover the end that the suction cup is in (3 screws) then pull the end and suction cup out.
(2) remove the 6 screws from the bottom cover then lift it off the pegs and remove it and vacuum piston.
(3) one mirror (rear) won't come out, dual fixed set has 1 screw, moveable mirror has 1 screw and a spring. They can be removed or cleaned in place.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hoppy headlight aimers

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Larry, I know this is late, but, I was able to locate a set of both large and small adapters still in the package to complete my set.

I still have the extra parts and carrying case that I can send you for the shipping cost if you are still interested.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413