Do we have a interior fastener list?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Do we have a interior fastener list?

Danny G
This would be something extremely helpful.

I have seen pictures that call out part numbers like such that list numbers like N800351-S for the pillars, but they are hard to follow or cross reference.

It would be nice to have maybe some pictures of these screws or dimensions with these numbers. Combine that and you could easily reference these drawings and figure out what you need.

Currently I am trying to go through my fasteners that are good or not and using pictures of the truck I took to try to figure out where they go. Most stuff I bagged with the parts some got mixed.

Like these dash pad screws were they only used in the dash pad? Any line on replacements or extras?

1985 F-350 XL | 460 | C6 | "Rufus Maximus"
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew | Cactus Grey | black out package | max tow
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Do we have a interior fastener list?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, we don't have.  But I agree it would be helpful.

What we do have is in Documentation/Fasteners & Illustrations/Front Clip.  There you'll find Fenders & Aprons, Hoods, Radiator & Grille, Headlights & Turn Signals, and Wheelwell Mouldings.  Take a look and see if that would be helpful for the interior.

Having said that, the master parts catalog isn't much help on the dash.  As you can see below, it doesn't show the screws for the dash pad.  So I'm afraid I don't know what the part number is for that screw.  So if we find the number we need to record it.

Do you have other fasteners you are looking for?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by Danny G
TheScatch wrote
Like these dash pad screws were they only used in the dash pad? Any line on replacements or extras?
My local Ace hardware store sells interior trim screws in their bulk hardware section that make a very nice replacement for the dash pad screws.  In fact, they look just like the one in your photo, which makes me think that what you have is actually a replacement - in my truck my original dash pad screws had a smaller head.

They also sell them in multiple sizes, which came in handy when I was repainting my kick panels; the original screws were holding them down only loosely, but the next larger size worked perfectly.  And I think the larger head gives a much nicer, finished look.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Dorsai wrote
TheScatch wrote
My local Ace hardware store sells interior trim screws in their bulk hardware section that make a very nice replacement for the dash pad screws.  In fact, they look just like the one in your photo, which makes me think that what you have is actually a replacement - in my truck my original dash pad screws had a smaller head.

They also sell them in multiple sizes, which came in handy when I was repainting my kick panels; the original screws were holding them down only loosely, but the next larger size worked perfectly.  And I think the larger head gives a much nicer, finished look.

We're your dash pad screws fixed head or did they have a built in washer?

Also lost a dang screw for the gauge cluster lense. Just replaced it and bagged the fasteners as I went .. somehow lost one, vanished into the ether.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Found some "retro fasteners" on Amazon, pricey though. They are the correct screw. The washer doesn't spin and tear up your finish while you tighten the screws.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by Danny G
TheScatch wrote
We're your dash pad screws fixed head or did they have a built in washer?
They had a built-in washer, if I remember correctly, but it was smaller than the one in your photo.  
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA