classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Catalytic Converter Delete.

Chuck XLT
What Is The Cheapest & Easiest Way
Too Delete The Cat And Install An Affordable Pipe And Muffler? Or Where Can I Buy A Bolt On Y-Pipe Without A Cat? Thanks.
Chuck XLT 1984 Bronco XLT 302 C6 NP208 8.8/3.55 1FMEU15FOELA39539
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Catalytic Converter Delete.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chuck - Glad you joined!  

But, you may have missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction there.  We do that because that's where we have the guidelines posted and we want everyone to have had a chance to read them because we will hold you to them.

Don't worry, many do miss them and we don't hold it against them.  But we will park your question here until after your introduction.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Chuck XLT
I Clicked The New Member Link But I Didn't
Figure Out How Too Introduce Myself.
Chuck XLT 1984 Bronco XLT 302 C6 NP208 8.8/3.55 1FMEU15FOELA39539
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
On that page just click New Topic, exactly like you did on the main page.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Chuck XLT
You might be in a bind with a 302.  I say that because I don't believe the 302 was an option in the heavier vehicles, like above 8600 GVWR, that didn't require a cat.  The 351W did come in the heavier trucks and there's a non-cat pipe for them, but that engine is wider so that pipe won't fit.  So I'm not sure there's a factory y-pipe for you that doesn't have a cat.

But I'll bet others have ideas on how you can do it.  So I'll hide and watch to see what they say.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The solution always used to be a "test pipe"

No, 302's were never stock in *the* over 8,500 gvw 250's without a cat, but was the cat integral to the Y-pipe, like 300's?

"Cat eliminators" were always popular in the Mustang community.
The engine bay and routing were a bit different (especially with 4x4) but I'd really be surprised if you couldn't find one that fit.

Also, while an exhaust shop is never going to risk a federal fine or having their state license pulled, a mom-n-pop type place would probably make one 'for off road/track use only.'

I know that I could go over to Four Way Garage and have anything bent. Even if they won't install it on something driven off their lot.
In fact their Tee shirts say "Get Bent with 4-Way"  ðŸ˜„😄😄
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.