classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
69 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: This is what is in the drivers door

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Taden - Please don't start a new thread/topic for posts about the same thing.  I moved your two new threads/topics into this thread/topic so we can keep all posts about the same thing, meaning your lock problems, together.  

Anyway, here's Taden's pic of one door beside the illustration.  I think what is needed is what is shown in the red oval, meaning the lock cylinder & key combo (21984), the cylinder retainer (22023), and the latch rod retainer (21952).  Do you guys agree?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: This is what is in the drivers door

Taden Nishikawa
That's the side with the slider already in it. The other one is completely empty but has number 21812

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Taden - Please don't start a new thread/topic for posts about the same thing.  I moved your two new threads/topics into this thread/topic so we can keep all posts about the same thing, meaning your lock problems, together.  

Anyway, here's Taden's pic of one door beside the illustration.  I think what is needed is what is shown in the red oval, meaning the lock cylinder & key combo (21984), the cylinder retainer (22023), and the latch rod retainer (21952).  Do you guys agree?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/1981-Ford-F100-door-locks-tp1084p1495.html
To unsubscribe from 1981 Ford F100 door locks, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: This is what I have in both the sides of my truck if this helps at all

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Taden Nishikawa
I'm getting lost.  I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them.  But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need.  What happened to that?  Can you create a list of the parts you need?

Driver's door:

Passenger's door:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
That's the thing in that picture I don't know if I am missing all the little pieces that go to 21812

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm getting lost.  I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them.  But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need.  What happened to that?  Can you create a list of the parts you need?

Driver's door:

Passenger's door:
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/1981-Ford-F100-door-locks-tp1084p1497.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Taden - Jonathan/Ford F834 will be here this weekend and we will see what we can put together for you. It will be next week some time to get you an answer. But if you don't see something from us please don't hesitate to ask.

Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
Sounds good! Thanks so much for the help it means a lot!

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Taden - Jonathan/Ford F834 will be here this weekend and we will see what we can put together for you. It will be next week some time to get you an answer. But if you don't see something from us please don't hesitate to ask.

NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
I'm getting lost.  I've rotated the pictures to get my head around them.  But, I thought you were going to create a list of what you need.  What happened to that?  Can you create a list of the parts you need.

Passenger's door:
Gary,
 It looks like he has all the rods.
Just needs cylinders, clips and the 21952 plastic retainer.

Like I said, locks are available on Amazon and Dorman/HELP has the retainers.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jim.

Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 5:22 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Jim.

NAML
Hey just checking up. Have you found anything yet?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Taden!  I forgot.   Sorry.

But there weren't any such parts at the swap meet. And Jonathan and I didn't talk about it.

I'll look tomorrow to see what I have.

Jonathan - What will you have and when?

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Taden!  I forgot.   Sorry.

But there weren't any such parts at the swap meet. And Jonathan and I didn't talk about it.

Gary, there were a number of things that we planned and did not get to, such as your lift extension! The two days (more like 1.25 days) went so fast and we were pretty spent after unloading the engine and getting Dad's truck back in the shop!

Taden, as far as what I have available I will have to check into it this weekend. I want to say that I have everything since I am converting away from slide locks, however the slide locks themselves are missing and I really don't know what is inside the doors yet since I have not removed the panels. The thing I worry about is if a previous owner might have removed/discarded any of the rods that connected to the sliders because of rattling or interference with the window regulator etc., give me the weekend to see what is in there. You are more than welcome to whatever I have.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
Sounds good.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 8:48 PM Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gary Lewis wrote
Taden!  I forgot.   Sorry.

Gary, there were a number of things that we planned and did not get to, such as your lift extension! The two days (more like 1.25 days) went so fast and we were pretty spent after unloading the engine and getting Dad's truck back in the shop!

Taden, as far as what I have available I will have to check into it this weekend. I want to say that I have everything since I am converting away from slide locks, however the slide locks themselves are missing and I really don't know what is inside the doors yet since I have not removed the panels. The thing I worry about is if a previous owner might have removed/discarded any of the rods that connected to the sliders because of rattling or interference with the window regulator etc., give me the weekend to see what is in there. You are more than welcome to whatever I have.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, Gear Vendor OD in the works

NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Jonathan - Together we should have everything.  I'll check tomorrow afternoon and we can pool our resources.

And, you are right.  The weekend was a whirlwind and we needed a week instead of "two days".

By the way, Chris and Bill came back today so Bill could show me where the TSB's are on the microfiche.  Turns out they aren't there.  So, he's going to look at more fiche when he gets home.

And, he called me a "smart alec", although that may not have been quite the way he said it.  He was talking about a part in the tilt wheel mechanism and I typed the number in, hit enter, and instantly had the illustration on the screen - after it had taken him minutes to find it on the microfiche.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Good plan Gary! We will get Taden fixed up one way or another. If both of us are missing something there is always junkyards. I know of at least a couple slide lock trucks at the Flagstaff one right now.

That is great with the ocr'd parts catalog! It is the goal

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - Yes, we will get the parts rounded up.

Do you have a copy of the master parts catalog?  I have an extra, so if you don't email me your address.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Taden/Jonathan - I don't have any of those parts.  I just knew I had some, but then I realized that those parts went into Cash's Carlos, which you'll remember from Saturday, Jonathan.  Sorry.  

Jonathan - I guess we will wait to see what you have.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Okay Gary, hopefully my doors are complete. If not I will check the junkyards. It is odd that the previous owner went through the trouble of removing the sliders, but hopefully he was just trying to see if he could fix them and left the rest alone. The slider bezels were re purposed as retainers to keep the seat belt receivers from disappearing into the seat crack 🙄

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's creative!

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Taden Nishikawa
So my 1981 has the lock cylinders and linkage to the main door locks. The passenger side has the long rod to the the slide lock 21852 in the diagram, the driver side does not. I did not realize that half of that rod rides inside the door shell, and half of it rides between the door shell and the plastic door panel. So it looks like I need to hit the junkyard to be able to provide a complete set. On the positive side the parts catalog only shows the one number, so right and left doors should use the same rod. That improves the chances of finding one.

Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
So is it looking like you guys will be able to find the parts?

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 1:57 PM Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
So my 1981 has the lock cylinders and linkage to the main door locks. The passenger side has the long rod to the the slide lock 21852 in the diagram, the driver side does not. I did not realize that half of that rod rides inside the door shell, and half of it rides between the door shell and the plastic door panel. So it looks like I need to hit the junkyard to be able to provide a complete set. On the positive side the parts catalog only shows the one number, so right and left doors should use the same rod. That improves the chances of finding one.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, Gear Vendor OD in the works

NAML