Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
If you enjoy Vicky Sue Robinson or KC and the Sunshine Band, have fun!
It was an era I lived and partied in.
I was only a little kid in the Disco era, but my Mom's Maverick (with under dash tape deck) had a Blondie tape in it for years, and my stepfather's 1978 Ford 4x4 (also with an under dash tape deck) had Pink Floyd's The Wall in it, also for years.

Meanwhile, even as a kid...the song on a constant loop in my head would have been mostly Jerry Reed's East Bound and Down, or Waylon Jennings theme to the Dukes of Hazzard...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
While the song The Day The Music Died is all about the tragedy of February 3, 1959 when rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and "The Big Bopper" J. P. Richardson were killed in a plane crash, I personally think the song was off by a decade.  In other words, to me the golden era of music was the late 50's to August 1st, 1969.  (Our wedding day.)

Anyway, let's get back to the issue of the truck show.  As of now it is official, there will not be an in-person truck show for 2020.  No one has come forward with a compelling reason to have one, and all of the news we are getting is how things are getting worse rather than better here in the US.

So now we need to decide exactly how we want to do a virtual show.  Jim has suggested a series of polls to determine the best way, and since a poll can only be put in the first post of a thread, I'll have to start new threads for each topic.

In other words, I'm going to un-pin this one and let if slowly drift down, and will create a few new threads with polls ASAP.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI