classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble finding part number

Goose57
Trouble find electrical part number
Hi all it been a while, I need help finding a part by the part number #D4AB-14A4-59JB. I am keying in the correct numbers and letters on various parts lookup sites. I have a photo of the connector couldn’t figure out how to post it from my photo,s. Must be going crazy. Thanks.

Edit  Quote  Multi Quote  Quick Reply
1986 F150 5.0 multi port EFI AT 144,500 miles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble finding part number

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, just because you can or can't post pics doesn't mean you are/aren't crazy.    But read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's and I'll bet you can figure out how to post pics.

As for your part, you need to read the page at Documentation/How To Decode Part Numbers as the number you have is not a part number.  It is an ID or Engineering # since you got it off the part.  (Yes, I know that's counter-intuitive, but that's the Ford way.)

Plus, I'm pretty sure you have the number wrong.  I say that because I've not seen a number like D4AB-14A4-59JB.  However, I have seen numbers like D4AB-14A459-JB.  And while I can't quite cross-reference that to a part number, I can get close: ID# D4AB-14A459-AB crosses to part number D4AZ 14489-J.  (There's no "JB".)

That's significant because 14489 is the base part number for connector "sleeves", meaning the plastic housing that accepts the metal terminals.  And you said "connector" so I think we are on the right track.

So maybe if you tell us what the connector is for, what the color is, and how many terminals it has we can find it?  There's a section in the master parts catalog for Sleeves, and they are listed by circuit number, color, terminals, and mating part.  So if you tell us what it is for maybe we can fill in the blanks?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Goose57
Thanks Gary, the connector I need is the male 4 wire blade connector at the back of the bed that feeds the rear light assembly. I’m going to try to post pictures after read the faq,s page thanks. It’s been awhile since I’ve post on here this isn’t my daily driver. Connector
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, so much for the theory that I can find the part # in the MPC.  Using our new info at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors I find that there is no black 4-pin "sleeve" that matches your usage.  There are seven black 4-pin sleeves listed, but one is for the windshield wiper, one for the warning buzzer, one for the little Ranger, and three for 1987 and later trucks.  

And the "C321" on your connector is confusing as C321 is the connector from the wiring harness to the DS-II ignition module.

I've looked in the pigtails catalog and didn't see it.  But you may be able to find it yourself as I may have missed it.  Go to the page at Documentation/Electrical/Connectors and then the Wiring Pigtail Kits tab.  Pick either of the two catalogs and go through it looking at "4 cavity connectors" for one that looks like yours.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I hit this same thing recently trying to find replacements for these plugs that are on my drivers side fender.  The EEC harness plugs into some of them (C321) - the connector in your picture was either used on both the driver's side front fender and in the rear (don't know for sure), or someone repurposed one of these for the rear.

The connectors don't exist anymore that I could find either - I am replacing them with connectors that Gary recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2P8M599
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
ckuske wrote
I hit this same thing recently trying to find replacements for these plugs that are on my drivers side fender.  The EEC harness plugs into some of them (C321) - the connector in your picture was either used on both the driver's side front fender and in the rear (don't know for sure), or someone repurposed one of these for the rear.

The connectors don't exist anymore that I could find either -
Interesting that it's labeled C321

That is indeed the Duraspark II connector!

Standard 698/ NAPA EC127 is the other side of that.
But you're looking for the module side of it, and I don't think anyone (even Motorcraft in their pigtail catalog) ever sold a connector that got tossed with the dead module

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Goose57
Thanks guys for all the help. It plugged into a trailer tee. I think that why it deteriorated.
Connector I Agee it looks exactly like a motorcraft module connector. Maybe someone  did replaced it. Boy did it look factory. Weird🤔. I’ll just replace it with a different weather proof connector. Thanks again for all the help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I suspect that it was factory and that Ford re-used that connector for the lights.  But that's a guess.

Anyway, I think a later, water-proof connector is the way to go.