classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
624 messages Options
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 32
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Camano Experience

grumpin
That’s a nice tool(s) you made! I have a lot of tight spaces tools from working on aircraft.

I have this set from Snap-On, worth it.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Low-Profile-Socket-Sets%2C-Inches/12-pc-1-4%22-Drive-12-Point-SAE-Flank-Drive-Low-Profile-Ratchet%2FSocket-Set-(3%2F16-9%2F16%22)/112RTA
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This just showed up on Cripe Distributing's eBay page.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333628521425

$25, $33.25 delivered priority flat rate and they DO deliver fast!
I don't even see it on their actual website yet.
Pricing on their site is usually a little bit better.
My last order of the same items I saved about 30% over their eBay front by combining shipping.

Again, if you're interested in tools (especially the smaller American brands, and quality European ones like Gedore, Huwera, ect..) I urge you to look at the 50 or so pages of wrenches on their site, because they combine shipping on all items.

They also have GREAT deals on Hobart heavy duty F-clamps in 12,18 & 24".
Sliding beam, copper plated Acme screws and swivel pads.

Not to mention a host of REALLY heavy duty C-clamps and spud wrenches for steelworkers!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Scott, please feel free to move it to eBay finds in the marketplace if you feel it isn't germane to the above discussion, but that's where I mentioned it, so....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

71_badmach
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Just wanted to post my thanks for you sharing this... While I have my dash apart doing the fuel injection mod, I ran across the blend door issue.  Wasn't really sure what belonged where, but this post and the shared link showed me what to look for.  I'll get through the rest of this thread before I button back up for sure.  
Dave
85 F150 EFI 302
Ohio
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Great! So did you complete the blend door fix already? Or still in the midst?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

71_badmach
Scott, not yet.  I was looking at that door and wondering about the movement of it.  Would have never thought of a hidden plastic hinge broken off if I hadn't seen your discussion and the FTE link.  

Just getting done on catching up on this 18 page thread of yours   Outstanding work on your resto/mod on the truck.  Impressive collection in the field also, hope you hang on to some (may need something in the future) haha.  

Dave
85 F150 EFI 302
Ohio
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Getting the A/C going was the big thing lately on Camano but also worked on the center console. Thanks to a great 6yo helper I got it all wired and installed today.

The truck came with a carpet covered console (seen in first post) that while it may not have won any beauty pageants, I liked the simplicity of it. It fit with the truck.

The way it was built didn't fit with what I needed internally though so I copied the exterior pattern and built a new one.

The main purpose of it is to house the amp and Kicker Hideaway sub. I drove around with it before having it covered and the amp got pretty hot to the touch. Nowhere near shutoff temps but still warm. I decided to forego the front cubby and install a fan instead. Since I now had a 'control panel' to work with I made (3d printed) a panel that the fan mounts to as well as dual usb charging ports and a PowerPole port. The latter I have no idea if I'll use but I wanted the panel to be somewhat symmetrical and don't see a need for 4 usb charging ports. While googling other things to put in there I ran across the Big Blackie thread, saw Luke used these, and they sounded like a good choice for taking up the space.

This will also hold the arduino board for the future Torque project.

It mounts via front seatbelt holes. Still need to do some cable management and remove a lot of the excess but wanted to run with it awhile before I do that.

Exhaust vent
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott - That looks GREAT!  I love it!  And the fan is a good idea.  Plus, you have plenty of room for the Arduino.

I'd not thought about using the seat belt holes.  I like that.  Clean and functional.  

Please tell your 6 yo helper hello from me.  Wish I was going to get to see her this fall.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks guys. I was out doing some other stuff in the truck just now and was playing some 90's country. I was afraid of this but with the sub enclosed in there I am getting some rattling of the lid so will have to put some SS screws/bolts to hold the top down solid.

Also, the top is a 3M Rosewood vinyl I bought on eBay. It's a little more red than the dash but not terrible.

Gary - until the next meet up you will always be 'the guy with the roller coaster'
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott - I actually thought about asking you to tell her that the roller coaster is in the yard next door.  That couple's 6 year old niece is living with them so we loaned it to them.  They have a nice hill in the back yard and she is having fun!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by kramttocs
That interior is gorgeous, and I love that console. Well done.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Impressive work, Scott!
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks guys. It's always nice to find a local small town shop (upholstery in this case) that does great work.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Had a heavy package delivered today and while not a super exciting post, it's nice to have a matched set. Bought the aux battery in May but finally got one to replace the main.

Been using group 65's in these trucks for so long I'd forgotten how nice a smaller footprint (34) battery fits in there and sits flat.

Need to figure out a way to hold the aux down since the hooks are at an angle. Waiting to see what Gary comes up with for his.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You missed it.  Here's what I have:

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Is that the difference?

So you have a 65 in the Bricknose tray and a smaller 34 house battery?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Ah, I did miss you making the one for the aux battery. I knew about the one for the main and like how it turned out. I'll have to read back through your thread to see how you made your aux one straight across.

I did have a simple idea tonight that will still allow me to use the factory hold down. The only reason the factory one won't fit is that the top of the odyssey is too small. It has a lip that if it went straight up it would be wide enough. So I am going to make a rectangular spacer that sits on the ledge and makes the top wide enough for the hold down.

Jim - not sure if you are asking me or Gary but mine are both 34's with the terminals being mirrored. I am also using the bullnose tray.
I know Gary is using the bricknose tray and a bigger main battery but I don't recall if it's a 65.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I guess I was asking Gary because he has the side by side photo.
I've never had anything but a 65 (from the factory) so I was trying to get a sense of scale.

I recall Gary had to cobble together a piece of threaded rod to get his battery clamp to sit square.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't remember what I have.  I'll look in a bit.

1 ... 15161718192021 ... 32