classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pulling the trigger

FrazerJames
Haha! You know your STL!

You can probably guess what happened. My buddy pulls up with a tow strap and she starts right up. Drove her the last two blocks and she’s sitting safely in front of the house. I’m going to get better pics in the daylight but I grabbed some engine bay pics for first round.

Gotta go read the photo posting guide.
1983 Bronco 4.9 300 I6
Current Name: Whitney
Reply | Threaded
|

FrazerJames

1983 Bronco 4.9 300 I6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, spent some time there.  Miss Ices as well.

Anyway, I see a DS-II ignition module, so that's good.  No TFI.

Dave is guessing a fuel system problem, and that's probably it.  But I've seen situations where the battery voltage got so low the engine wouldn't pull due to a really poor spark.

But now that you have it you can figure all that out.  Congratulations!!!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
My 300/c6 with 3.08 rear had some slow downs going through the hills in TN and Virginia on the way back to SC. Some stretches I would bog down to about 50-55mph pedal to the floor. Granted mine was also in questionable shape and had had the vac system disconnected at the charcoal filter. Smog is gone etc.

The 300/E40d EFI engine in the E150 with 3.73 rear drives like nothing will slow it down.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseLuvr
In reply to this post by FrazerJames
If the EEC is disconnected the ignition module will go static, so you'll have no advance and lack power.

Is that old Italian restaurant in the basement still there?

Mark
‘84 F150 4x4 351W 4sp. Regular cab, long bed, all original. '69 Continental MK III. Older restoration. '95 Saab 900S Convertible. '05 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible 2.0T. Lime Yellow. '09 Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible 2.8T. Sand Beige top. '13 MINI Cooper Factory JCW 6sp. '01 H-D Sportster. '03 Yamaha FZ-1.
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseLuvr
Sorry, what I said applies to the TFI ignition.  I don't know how the DS would act without the EEC.
‘84 F150 4x4 351W 4sp. Regular cab, long bed, all original. '69 Continental MK III. Older restoration. '95 Saab 900S Convertible. '05 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible 2.0T. Lime Yellow. '09 Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible 2.8T. Sand Beige top. '13 MINI Cooper Factory JCW 6sp. '01 H-D Sportster. '03 Yamaha FZ-1.
Reply | Threaded
|

FrazerJames
In reply to this post by BullnoseLuvr
Real close to completing the replacement of the fuel tank as noted in http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Red-striped-and-renewed-tp67502.html

Lots of gunk. If that doesn’t do it I’ll head down that path for sure. Haven’t dug that deep yet!

Re: basement restaurant - I’m thinking probably not. There’s a pizza place in South County that’s known for being in a basement, but I don’t think there’s one on The Hill anymore. Sounds like The Hill for sure, though!
1983 Bronco 4.9 300 I6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by BullnoseLuvr
BullnoseLuvr wrote
Sorry, what I said applies to the TFI ignition.  I don't know how the DS would act without the EEC.
DS-II doesn't have an EEC.  It is standalone.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI