303 messages Options
1 ... 13141516
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Norwegian F250, 1984, 460, 2wd

firefire
Hi.
I am located close to Ă…lesund. For our american friends that is about 75 miles south from Narvik. Nice color on your truck
Stein.
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer, 5,8L, 3 speed Autom.Tr
1996 F350 , 7,3L Powerstroke, 4wd, 5 speed Man. Tr.
Reply | Threaded
|

Papelione
Hi Bullnose friends 2021 has been a busy year for me and the family. We moved from Narvik and 1500 km south to the Southern most part of Norway, primarily for work and family reasons. We made the move during the summer vacation, and decided to make the most of it. So I used a good part of the spring, preparing the Bullnose for the trip. It had some nasty dents and scratches, and via a Norwegian firm I got the right colors :=) Also a newly renovated carburetor was installed, first one leaked second has worked like a champ, and made cold starting easier, so since then it starts everytime first time:=) Bullnose made the 3 weeks of driving south without a beat and served as camping gear truck for the family. It truly was a fun experience seeing scenic Norway in af 1984 bullnose, many thumbs up and smiles on the way. Moving is also a practical exercise, and it has carried sofas, beds and boxes during august and september. But last weekend I had and incident, upon start I heard a humming/light spinning noise right before turn over, I drove for 15 min, turned it off and 30 min later I was off again, so I thought. Now the engine didn't turn over just the spinning noise coming from the starter. I was thinking it was the starter that might had seized in some humid weather we had the last week. Charged the battery over night and tapped the starter with a hammer, to no prevail. Got the truck home and pulled the starter, and this is what I find These parts are lying under the hole where the starter goes flywheel has half a broken tooth visibel Starter will turn both was without any resistance Work is done I an makeshift garage, and most of my tools are in boxes:( I can however get a new starter and solenoid ( not thinking solenoid that is the problem however) by next week and do the job myself. I am thinking the parts in the first picture are from a broken ballbearing in the starter, and that is the reason it is not working. Best regards Christian Am I on the right path?
1984, F250, 2wd, 460, manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

nic55kel
Looks like the rollers out of the overrun clutch on the starter drive.
Hopefully you got all the parts out of the bell-housing.
Should be fine once you replace the starter.
Bob near Winnipeg

1986 F250 Lariat extended cab 300 T18 2WD
1979 Honda CX500
1992 Oldsmobile 98 touring sedan
2007 F250 6.0 4wd
1 ... 13141516