classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
53 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Facebook, Pinterest, etc Menu

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've started reading a bit about tracking social media shares, and found a site where I can sign up and automatically get the results, or manual search.  So I did some checking of the ones I'd been listing before, and they are identical.

But, notice that you can click the drop-down on any of them, as I've done on the forum itself (garysgaragemahal.com) and get more detail.  So we've had 616 shares on FB, there have been 327 reactions and 75 comments to those shares.

And, notice that there are NO Pinterest pins.  NADA.  Apparently Ford guys aren't into Pinterest.  So, we could easily delete that button.

Anyway, I'm still learning.  So if you have suggestions, ideas, guidance please let me know.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

jstone4646
I think Pinterest is a pretty high percentage of women.  I am not saying women do not own or work on older Ford trucks, but the majority of them do not care about automotive things.  Most of Pinterest tags seem to be life hack ideas, cooking, DIY home/craft projects and the likes.  That is what my wife and her friends use it for anyways.
Project "Red" (not really named yet): '84 F150 4x2, Holley 4bbl 351 w/302 cam shaft and side exit pipes.  Still learning what else is there but in progress of putting her back together and on the road.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, for that reason I've turned Pinterest off in the buttons..

Could someone do a test or two for us?  I'd like to know what you see when you click the "email" button.  Could you try that and then describe what you find, what the email looks like when you get it?  Or, do you get it?  Nothing happens when I do it.

Perhaps I don't have it set up correctly.  But yesterday there were supposedly two emails sent.  

Also, anyone with a Twitter account?  What happens when you click that button?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I got this. And then Outlook tried to open, I say try because I don't use it and don't have it set up.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting.  So it is trying to open Outlook, which I don't use either.  Thanks for trying.  

Hmmm, let's see what others get......

Reply | Threaded
|

jstone4646
This post was updated on .
I was wondering why none of the social media buttons showed up for me, I use google chrome.  Note the screenshot with chrome on the left, IE on right.  The links only seem to work on Internet Explorer, others that use Chrome might be able to confirm this.  I never really use Internet Exploder, and my home network is significantly locked down running through a VPN and secondary dedicated firewall so it could just be my stuff affecting chrome.  Some of my work items require elevated security, so like I said it could just be me.

Project "Red" (not really named yet): '84 F150 4x2, Holley 4bbl 351 w/302 cam shaft and side exit pipes.  Still learning what else is there but in progress of putting her back together and on the road.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I use Chrome all the time and I have them on the left side of the screen if I'm full screen.  But if smaller than about 3/4 screen they show up on the bottom.

Reply | Threaded
|

jstone4646
oh ok, just me then
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Perhaps an ad blocker?  No need for it here, by the way.  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I have Chrome with an ad blocker, and I have them. The signatures didn't show up at first on Chrome.

Can't remember why. Same thing?
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The ad blocker, AdBlock in my case, kills the signatures.  Which is why on the Ad Blocker tab on the Bullnose Forum FAQ's page it says:

Ad block software, like AdBlock, tend to hide the signatures on the forum.  So, since we don't have ad's then why not turn your ad blocking program off for the whole of the Garagemahal?

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Gary Lewis wrote
The ad blocker, AdBlock in my case, kills the signatures.  Which is why on the Ad Blocker tab on the Bullnose Forum FAQ's page it says:

Ad block software, like AdBlock, tend to hide the signatures on the forum.  So, since we don't have ad's then why not turn your ad blocking program off for the whole of the Garagemahal?

Doh! I'm gonna!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator