Jim/ArdWrknTrk Is Missing - Anyone Heard From Him?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
66 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jim/ArdWrknTrk Is Missing - Anyone Heard From Him?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Several of you have reached out to me because you've missed Jim.  As have I.

Jim's last post was on Sept 18th.  I've called him and had to leave a voice message.  I've texted him, with no response.  And I've emailed him, as have some of you.  In the morning I'll put a card in the mail to him in the hope that I can reach him.

But if any of you know anything about his whereabouts please let us know.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jim/ArdWrknTrk Is Missing - Anyone Heard From Him?

85lebaront2
Administrator
I just sent him a message too. This is strange, he's usually active from very early each day. He has a sister in Philly, but I have no idea of her name or how to reach her.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it is strange.  And worrying.  He's on my prayer list and I know others that are praying for him as well.  Lots of people have been asking about him.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That's not good if he isn't answering anything. When/Should we escalate this into a well-being check? I don't remember his story and whether he lives alone or not, and whether he has anybody that would check on him locally.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm pretty sure he lives alone.  But I don't know if he has anyone locally that would check on him.

How do we go about doing a well-being check?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
You request one through local law enforcement in his area. You basically explain the situation, give them the address, and they will send an officer or two out to verify his status. It is an absolute last ditch effort when you have exhausted all other possible options as some people may not be receptive to a well-being check. But it's one of those things where if something were to happen to him, you'll wish that you had done more.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
+1 this. It’s a tolerable outcome when you apologize for acting on your concern, than the potentially devastating alternative.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
I'm praying he will be ok, we made friends on here and i really do miss him
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Vic Roma
Guys - I don't know.  We are 9 days from his last post.  Does that make it time for a well-being check?  I'd sure hate to send them out and Jim not like it.  But if you think I should I can call tomorrow and ask.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I checked FTE for the heck of it, and he hadn't posted on there since June.

I checked the member map, and there's not really anybody even close to him geographically that could swing by and see if the truck is in the driveway.

Strange for him to not be on here for over a week.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
I just find it odd, its been well over a week and he is usually on here in the morning and evening time.  but with the not answering the phone or texts. Not even anything about the truck show, and you know him, he wouldn't miss that.    I think maybe you should Gary.  If he gets upset with us, which I would hope he wouldn't, he will get over it.  From my understanding, he is byhimself, if i had a way, i'd go check on him
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, you mentioned sending a letter. Let's see where that goes first. If you get no response from that, then I think it may be a good idea to do a well-being.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
I too am missing him and praying for his well being. We are not the same without him. If we just do the letter, thinking send it such that it has to be signed for. We should be able to track it. Thanks for posting this, Jim.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Hey, thats not a bad idea, send a certified letter, that way we can get the info quicker.
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - Good idea about tracking it.  I'll get it off in the morning.

Reply | Threaded
|

Frank Wyatt
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
I shot him an e-mail myself and am praying that all is well with Jim and we will hear from him soon.
1981 F 150 Custom 300 ci with a fully rebuilt 1968 240 head Carter YFA T-18 3.25 9" rear 2WD
dual gas tanks
1990 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 AOD
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, how long has it been since your e-mail and phone/text attempts to reach him? Nine days is a long silence and the lack of response is extremely concerning.  It could be that something happened to his phone, but if he usually uses a computer for the forum and e-mail it still wouldn’t explain it. Hopefully he is just out of town and offline, but I’m worried 😟
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
My text attempt was on Monday the 21st, a week ago, and only 3 days from his last post.  My calls were on Thursday the 24th.  Don't remember when I emailed, but I know several others have as well.  And I sent another text yesterday.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I sent him a text yesterday at 4:30 PM EDT, no evidence he's read it.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think he uses an Android phone and I use an iPhone.  And iPhones don't get delivery status notifications from Androids.  But what phone do you use, Bill?