I'm Flaresideless for the first time in years...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I'm Flaresideless for the first time in years...

Rembrant
Good morning gentlemen,

You might be a little bit surprised, but I sold my '84 Bullnose. So, in the period of a couple months I've sold both Flaresides...garage is empty.

Anyway, this is what I do. I was looking for things to do to the old truck to keep me interested, but it just wasn't working. As you know, I ordered a new Summit carburetor that I was anxious to try out, and there was a two week delay on it. After two weeks, it said another week...then a day later it said end of October, so I cancelled it. So I listed the little Bullnose for a high price ($22k obo) and it sold in a little over a week. I didn't get the full 22k for it, but I still still pretty darn good imho.

I've been more or less looking for my next "thing" for a year...not really sure what it would be. I love 80's stuff, but outside of the 1980-1986 Ford trucks, there's just not much that I wanted from that era. I'd love a Foxbody Mustang, but I didn't want one badly enough for it to be my only hotrod. Also, my interests have changed (for various reasons) and I can't really take on a big project right now...and I don't really want to. About a month ago, at one of our local weekly car meets I got to sit in a 1949 Ford pickup, and I really liked it. So I've been looking for something that is finished, or almost finished that I can do a little work to.

I've settled on the 1948-1952 Ford pickups, and surprisingly there are lots of them around. (I found about 15-20 of them for sale across the country). I was getting ready to do some traveling, and I ended up finding a 1951 Mercury pickup about an hour and a half away, and I going to go see it in a couple days when the owner gets back home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_M_series

So anyway, I guess that's the end of me and the Bullnoses, at least for now. I'll still be hanging around here if you guys will have me;). My internet usage has been reduced recently with the start of a new job...well, the same job but with new owners, so I won't be around as much anyway. Even though I no longer have a Bullnose, I can still offer some help with the things that I have experience with.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I'm Flaresideless for the first time in years...

Machspeed
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Surprised, to say the least! Can't believe you sold your Flareside. Hope you don't regret that move. More than that, hope you'll continue to spend time with your friends here. Good luck in your next automotive venture, Cory. Keep us posted.    
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cory - I'm blown away!  I was a bit surprised that you sold the first one, but to sell both?  Wow!

I'm not at all saying that is bad.  Just saying I am surprised.  But I'm with John and hope you hang out with us.  I really enjoy reading about your activities and appreciate your input - and you have a lot of knowledge.

In fact, I hope you'll start a thread on your new adventure, and the one after that as well.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Congratulations Cory!

I hope you find the truck you want, and the same type of enthusiastic community for those trucks.
You've certainly been quite a help for many here. Thank you for sharing.  
I know that we all love to follow along with your projects, so I do hope you can include us in the progress.

I always like the Canadian badged trucks.
The one above would really be more complete with Mercury wheel covers. (IMHO)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Congratulations, Cory!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Cool! I’m not surprised you got a good amount for your Flareside. It’s a very nice truck!

Stick around!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
Congrats on your sale, Cory.  I'm sure it wasn't a slam dunk decision by any means, but I'm glad you got a good amount for the truck.

I've been stalking your Blue Mule thread since I've joined - it's where I hope to end up with my own 84 Flareside.  I'll get there eventually, thanks for the inspiration along the way!
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
WOW all I can say is WOW!

When I'd seen "I'm Flaresideless" I thought the worst and could only hope you and the truck were not hurt to bad, truck could be replaced but not you.
Then to read you sold it was a little re-leaf but still hard to think of such a thing.

Good to hear you are looking at other trucks of the older years and of the north of the boarder ones is just cool.
As said you have to keep us up to date on your new "project" and pop in to help us after building 2 trucks from the ground up.

Good luck
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Haha, well guys I probably surprised everybody except me and my wife LOL. This is fairly standard operating procedure for me. I will live and breathe a project for every waking hour and then I will eventually get bored and move on to something else. I loved my little Bullnose, but the chances of me keeping it forever were pretty slim. Truth is, the past few months I was struggling to find ways to keep myself interested in it enough to keep it, and it just wasn't working. Selling prices are high around here right now, and I felt it was a good time.

My interests have changed a little bit, and in order to keep the '84 Flareside, I was going to have to make a whole bunch of changes to it, and while I do have a fairly high tolerance for blowing money on car/truck stuff LOL...I just didn't feel like disassembling that truck, and pouring thousands more into it...knowing full well that I'd probably get bored with it later anyway.

I love the old car/truck hobby as a whole, so I'm not going anywhere...not yet at least. I also love hanging out on this forum with you guys as well, so I'll still be here doing my thing.

I have an urge to do a 1948-1952 Ford truck restomod...or semi-restomod, so I'll see where this takes me. Maybe I'll end up with something entirely different, who knows, but that's where my head is today. It's funny though...I go to a lot of car shows and meet N greets, and there's more old 50's Ford trucks around then there are Bullnoses, so I guess I might lose some of the uniqueness I had as the only guy showing up with a shiny Bullnose Flareside. Oh well.

Gary, I did tell the new owner about the forum, but I don't think you'll see him or see much of him. He's a younger guy (late 30's) that runs a busy business and has a couple small kids, etc. I asked him if he would be taking the truck to shows and cruise-ins, and he said not likely. He just doesn't have time. He wanted it for a turn-key toy that he didn't have to touch other than to put gas in it and go. He lives about an hour away, so if I do see him or the truck I'll let you guys know.

PS: I'll be picking through all of my Bullnose spare parts starting today, and I might post a few things up on here to see if any of you guys want or need anything. The shipping will make just about everything cost prohibitive to ship to the USA, but maybe some of the bezels and stuff I have might be of interest.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995