How Did You Find Us?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
145 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How Did You Find Us?

Darrell
Good afternoon. I found you guys while researching my 1986 f150. I joined after reading the feed back and replies people have posted. The site seems to have a more up lifting atmosphere than others I have read. The information available here is amazing.
Red 1986 F150 named "Ol' Blue" by my dad
2wd regular cab short bed, np435.  Originally 4.9, now 351w
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Really glad you've found us!

Appreciate the feedback.    
Hope you find all you need for your new truck here.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Abchlo
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I was browsing a Facebook page of bullnose trucks and one fella mentioned going to your page to look up brake issues. I found it very resourceful. Doug
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you guy found us.  

Yes, we try to be uplifting.  We are all in need of help at some point, and sometimes that is just for moral support, so pitch in to help others when and where we can.  Plus, we have more documentation on these trucks than anywhere else.  So it makes for a good combination.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
I voted another  forum , but it was sort of "other"  needed to see  Internal roof supports ,  photo link that was from this forum .
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Vaughn - I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying you were on another forum and needed pics, which you found here?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
Sorry didnt see  this , need to tick box  , i was on ford truck  forum,  and needed a photo of the roof supports and   kramttocs put a picture up with a credit to the Mahal.  , i had browsed a long  time ago, but that was all . Cheers Gary ,
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh, ok.  I understand.  Thanks, Vaughn.  

Reply | Threaded
|

71_badmach
Hello, I'm pretty sure I had searched for info on 85 Ford150 through Bing.

I want to thank you guys for putting together an Outstanding website, and also for the "decorum" present in the posts and such... it is refreshing see such civility.  I look forward to interacting on some of the other posts.  

Dave
Dave
85 F150 EFI 302
Ohio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dave - Glad you joined us!  And, thanks for the compliments.  We strive to be civil and helpful.

Two things.  First, you found a way to post in New Members Start Here that I'd not thought of.  Usually people start a new topic to introduce themselves, but this works well enough that I promoted you to Member and you can now post in the main forum.

Second, where in Mississippi?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if we had a city or a zip.

Reply | Threaded
|

71_badmach
Thank you sir for the warm welcome.  

I'm on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi, Bay St. Louis.  39529
Dave
85 F150 EFI 302
Ohio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  But Google wanted to put 39529 slightly different than Bay St Louis.  Did I get you in about the right place?

Reply | Threaded
|

71_badmach
Yes, probably close enough... nearest bigger city is Gulfport.  Thanks
Dave
85 F150 EFI 302
Ohio
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Found it doing a Google search.  I'm so glad we did.  This seams like a really great forum.  We are currently restoring the 86.  Had it since new
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So glad you did.  How 'bout going here, click New Topic, and tell us about yourself and your truck.

That will create your own thread and more people will see it and welcome you.

Welcome!

Reply | Threaded
|

TravelMaster
I was doing endless amounts of google searches for AC brackets and kept coming to some site that said garys something or other...  Finally I found a graphic on this site that had a PDF that detailed the diagram of the engine AC system:
http://www.icsarchive.org/icsarchive-org/private/Ford%201980-1989%20Truck%20Master%20Parts/16%201980%20fotpi-heat%20&%20ac.pdf

Googling those part again led me to this place.  So if you have an older Ford truck, all roads lead here!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you did find us.  Our About page says "This site is dedicated to being the world's best discussion community and documentation website for the 1980 - 1986 Ford light trucks."  And it is, indeed, that - a community.  Glad you joined us.

Reply | Threaded
|

Technical Help

anisazula
When you are choosing antivirus software, you'll have narrowed it right down to a couple of programs, but you are not sure which of them you ought to pick. If so, there are a couple of features of the antivirus programs that you simply should check out and compare to assist together with your antivirus decision. One thing which will be helpful when picking between several antivirus software programs is trying to find consumer websites. Typically these websites have already done the reviews of the antivirus software for you, and may show you ways various components rate. the sole problem with online antivirus comparisons is that the programs you're trying to find might not be in their comparison, which leaves you back at situation. Garmin.com/Express | Rand McNally GPS Update | Download Garmin Express | Rand McNally Update | Garmin.com/mapupdates | Mywifi Ext | belkin router setup | Belkin router setup | belkin range extender setup | Belkin Login | Belkin Router Login
Reply | Threaded
|

duramaxmatt
I was looking for a VIN identification resource and came across your website.  The VIN aspect answered my needs, but the wealth of other information was amazing!!  So thankful for this group, will really help preserve these awesome trucks!!
Matt Rodgers (Lodi, WI) '84 (Dads): Single cab F250, 6.9L IDI, 4WD, manual, completely stock '86 (Project truck): Supercab F250, Lariat, 460 (converted to Dads 6.9L IDI), 2WD (converted to Dads 4WD), will be looking for 4" suspension lift, and will be a frame off restore project with my young kids.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you found us!