Dogdish Hub Cap Source?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dogdish Hub Cap Source?

pcsteve70
Hello all...Im sure that the this question has been asked over and over.. but I could not locate any current info in the forum. I am in need of a remanufactured source OR someone who restores the Dog Dish style hu caps. I am winding an OE resto on my 1986 F250 2WD long bed king cab and these would be amazing to source! The original ones are in tact, but as usual have some scratches and a few dings. New or restored would finish off the job. If anyone has a source I would appreciate it, thank you!

steve

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dogdish Hub Cap Source?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You might find some NOS ones if you search by part number or ID #.  Go to our page on Documentation/Driveline/Wheel Covers.  Pick the Type and then go to the Applications tab and get the part number.  Then take the PN to the PN to ID# Cross-Ref tab and get the ID# as sometimes people list them that way since that's the number on the part.  (#'s on parts are not part #'s.)

Then go search for those #'s.  Good luck!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
not sure which style you have but lmc shows one style on hand 49-4217 for f250/350
Reply | Threaded
|

pcsteve70
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you Gary! I will give that a shot.

steve
Reply | Threaded
|

pcsteve70
In reply to this post by mat in tn
Thank you.. I called them and they are not correct. It like an Easter egg hunt!
Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
I haven't seen them anywhere but eBay.  I found a good set, but that was like 5 years ago.   They may be harder to find (and they still haven't found their way onto my truck yet! ) by now.
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by pcsteve70
Can you precise what type of dog dish you’re looking for?

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.