Bucket Seat Seatbelt Standup Thingee?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bucket Seat Seatbelt Standup Thingee?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yesterday we stopped by the Seatbelt Planet facility in Edmond, OK for them to put my belts in the sheaths they sold me.  They were able to get the driver's belt installed but it left quite a crease in the sheath.  However the passenger's sheath ripped instead of creasing, so they cut my plate off and stitched one of theirs on.  And since theirs is smaller than the Ford plates as well as tapered they were able to get it through the replacement sheath they gave me.

The people at Seatbelt Planet went well out of their way to help me.  But the problem is that the sheaths they are selling are not a good fit for the Ford seatbelts.  And those appear to be the same sheaths sold by everyone else I can find.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bucket Seat Seatbelt Standup Thingee?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, we are home and it is time to update this thread.  On the left is the Seatbelt Planet sheaths with seatbelts installed.  Note the crease on the left/driver's one where they just barely got the end plate through.  But the right one has no crease because they split the sheath when trying and had to replace it and then sew their end plate, which has a taper and smaller width, on my belt and that let it go through the sheath.  I think it is fair to say that those sheaths are NOT compatible with stock Bullnose belts.

And on the right are the sheaths and belts that our user dionden sent me.  Thanks!  I can certainly use the one on the left, which is the passenger's side.  (Reminds me of Johnny Cash's The One on the Right Is on the Left.)

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI