86 interior, go juice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

86 interior, go juice

Matopcat
 This ugly old brute followed me home and my wife let me keep him. Been working on the interior and some mechanical so far. New door panels and electric window up down thingies. That went well…cough. Both my boys are mechanics so their brains if not their brawn has helped. We replaced the glow plugs, controller and relay so now he starts. Right now I’m looking for the switch and lock bezels. I’m also trying to figure out where I may be getting air in my fuel lines. Any ideas or direction would be great. Thanks!
Lloyd is a 1986 f250 6.9 IDI reg cab 4x4
4speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 86 interior, go juice

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know anything about the diesels, but several others do so will probably be along in a bit with suggestions.

On the switch bezels, we've had some discussions about them recently if I remember correctly.  So I did an "advanced search" for "switch bezel" and found this list of search results.  And this post has a couple of finds.

Are those the kinds of things you are looking for?  If so, you might check out those search results.  Frequently people find things and post them on here and the search function turns them up pretty easily.

And you have sons that are mechanics?  Man, that is gonna be a big help.  Do they live nearby?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Matopcat
Yup both live 30-45 min away. They don't work on diesels normally but know where to find some info and have enough experience to send us in the right direction...normally. We weren't sure about a starting issue we had and believed it was a fuel issue but couldn't pin it down. After reading up and seeing a bit about it, on your forum(how I found "Bullnose") we figured it was air in the line.  Now they go back to work and I crawl around inside the truck. New passion for me and it turns out for my wife as well. At least the truck ride part, her and the dogs!
4speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Matopcat
oh, and the search results helped as well. I have a part number now!
4speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Matopcat
You are fortunate.  We messed up.  We moved to London from Oklahoma when our kids were 4 and 5, and they learned there's a big wide world out there.  So one of them has lived in the Dominican Republic, Nashville, Nicaragua, and now lives in Charleston, SC.  The other has lived in Colorado, Arlington, Delaware, and now Florida.  So both of them are 1000+ miles from us here in Okiehoma.  

On the air issue, I searched the forum for "air", "fuel", "line", and "diesel" and found several discussions of the problem.  But this thread seems to be the most promising.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Matopcat
Good!  But it runs in my mind that someone is making them now.  Just haven't found the right thread on it.  Yet.

Reply | Threaded
|

Matopcat
  Read through the thread, great info. I'll put my two brains on it! Mostly because I'm not even sure what most of the parts look like. I worked at a junkyard with my old man when I was a tad(5th-9th grade) and all I learned there was how to pull stuff off an engine and drink lots of instant coffee, the other stuff I'll leave out because this is a family forum. The coffee was bad and the parts were for gas engines. Won't have time to look at it today, 29th anniversary.
4speed manual
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Happy Anniversary!!!