wire I.D.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

wire I.D.

85blueox
I know somewhere in the documentations there is a code for all the wires and clips that are used.  For example C123, or C190.  Where can I find the key for all those wires and connectors in my truck, some that are used and others that are not?
85 6.9 4 door rusty beast
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: wire I.D.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There really isn't one table that tells.  The best you can do is to go to the EVTM that is closest to your year of truck, and I don't know what that is because you don't have it in a signature.  But we have the 1981, 85, and 86 EVTMs at Documentation/Electrical/EVTMs.

Then you can go through each section and usually at the back of the section there's a list of the connectors and where they are located.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85blueox
Ok, changed that.

So if my hazzard flashers work but if I use my right signal the right front turn signal won't work.  You electrical experts tell me what is the deal?  What is the problem.  They all the rear and the left front work, the right front stopped working and I have changed the bulb so I know its not that.

85 6.9 4 door rusty beast
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Let me see if I understand - by themselves the hazards work, including the right front.  But by itself the right front turn signal doesn't work.  Does it come on at all?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
Likely a bad turn signal switch. It provides contact (and therefore power to the lights) in the hazard position but when it's in the default position the contact to the turn signal is likely toast.

Here is a diagnosis video I made on this.

https://youtu.be/12PBwXH8msc
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project