classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
52 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vin DSO numbers

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I have a Coverlay dash cover, which is the brand most places sell, on Big Blue and I like it.  For a daily driver or a nice truck it works well.  But for Dad's truck, which will be a trailer queen, I'll probably go with a new dash pad, which is almost 3 times the cost.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by old yeller
That does look good.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

old yeller
Good, I am glad I could help.
 But I didn't see the pic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry, I think I'm a bit out of sync.  What pic?  

Reply | Threaded
|

old yeller
I thought you were going to show use your Marti report.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't have a Marti report.  I was just offering to post them for others.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
I'll probably go with a new dash pad, which is almost 3 times the cost.
They look to be out of stock everywhere, for more than a year.
I frequently do some web search, even the plain black one seems nowhere to be found.
So I repaired Big Brother’s one (mainly replacing the speaker grill, acceptable clean look), waiting to find a new one someday.
I’ll post some pics in the «Dash Pad» thread.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
i too have resigned myself to using the glue on covers. the look is really good even though the fit is not perfect. sometimes you just have to use the best available at the time or get stalled out completely. easy enough later to install if one comes available .
Reply | Threaded
|

old yeller
I knew they are not as good/nice as the original, I still want it to look good.
I also know I did not like the looks of the carpet cover!!
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
oh, I cannot bring myself to carpet the dash. it's just not me! although it looks more cared for than a cracked to pieces dash. so, it's not all bad. now if one was laid there day one then I would not have a cracked dash to worry about. hmmmmm
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by old yeller
old yeller wrote
I knew they are not as good/nice as the original, I still want it to look good.
I also know I did not like the looks of the carpet cover!!
I have one of them glue on covers and got to say it fits pretty good and unless you really look it over you cant tell it is a cover.

As for the carpet I am thinking of getting one and use it only when I drive.
The reason is the glare off the dash pad reflects off the glass and makes it hard to see when driving.
I figure lay it over the cover when driving and remove it at shows.

So if any of you go painting your dash pad / cover use a flat clear over it so you dont get the glare that I get.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
yes, the glare is an issue. also, the reason armor all started making low gloss protectant for things like the original pad itself. anyone driving on a sunny day after applying original armor all will attest to this