Bullnose Forums

Carb

C.Jett

Gary, The carb has heat tube and electric choke. No identity tag. Is there a source for Canadian carb adapter? Thanks

You can search the forum for links to the Canadian adapter, but those things sell pretty quickly if reasonably priced so they'll probably be gone.

However, you need to figure out what kind of EGR system you have as you may be able to use pipe plugs to seal it off. There are several discussions about that on the forum, but this one might be the best of them for you.

As for the ignition, if you have a true HEI distributor then it doesn't matter what color. And the computer won't be controlling it.

My comment about the blue grommet was regarding a Ford DS-II ignition system. The ignition module for them has a colored grommet where the wires exit the module, and the one you want for a standalone system has a blue grommet. But if your distributor is HEI then you don't have the Ford ignition module.

But we still ought to have those pics to ensure we are talking about the same things.

Jim, po installed hei w/vacuum advance. I know I “got the cart before the horse”, but that makes me normal, doesn’t’ it ? Just could not shut the brain down. Will get photos and information soon. You and Gary are “cut of the same cloth” and I value your input. Many Thanks, C.Jett

C. Jett,

Thanks for confirming that your truck has an HEI (all in one) ignition system.

I was just trying to confirm that your truck had a way to control spark advance under varying engine load and speed.

Gary seems to have this well in hand so I will watch from the sidelines.

C. Jett,

Thanks for confirming that your truck has an HEI (all in one) ignition system.

I was just trying to confirm that your truck had a way to control spark advance under varying engine load and speed.

Gary seems to have this well in hand so I will watch from the sidelines.

Thanks Jim, jump in anytime.

You can search the forum for links to the Canadian adapter, but those things sell pretty quickly if reasonably priced so they'll probably be gone.

However, you need to figure out what kind of EGR system you have as you may be able to use pipe plugs to seal it off. There are several discussions about that on the forum, but this one might be the best of them for you.

As for the ignition, if you have a true HEI distributor then it doesn't matter what color. And the computer won't be controlling it.

My comment about the blue grommet was regarding a Ford DS-II ignition system. The ignition module for them has a colored grommet where the wires exit the module, and the one you want for a standalone system has a blue grommet. But if your distributor is HEI then you don't have the Ford ignition module.

But we still ought to have those pics to ensure we are talking about the same things.

I will do more study, Thanks