BRICKNOSE 1988 F250 XLT Lariat SUPERCAB 7.3IDI MINI RESTORATION

Ray Cecil

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, Ray. You are going to be proud! :nabble_anim_claps:

No updates on the truck just yet.

I did start on another 91 Bricknose F250 7.3 IDI project this week. A friend brough his over and we started doing a ZF5 swap from a E4OD.

Found out the flywheel LUK sent us was accidentally for a Turbo motor. The Counterbore on the flywheel measured 2.04" ID. The shoulder on the crank it was supposed to go onto measured 2.140" OD. Thats a hundred thousandths interference. Sucks, but we figured it out.

No updates on the truck just yet.

I did start on another 91 Bricknose F250 7.3 IDI project this week. A friend brough his over and we started doing a ZF5 swap from a E4OD.

Found out the flywheel LUK sent us was accidentally for a Turbo motor. The Counterbore on the flywheel measured 2.04" ID. The shoulder on the crank it was supposed to go onto measured 2.140" OD. Thats a hundred thousandths interference. Sucks, but we figured it out.

Glad you figured it out. Luk sending another?

Glad you figured it out. Luk sending another?

Well, turns out we were wrong. The E4OD we removed had a spacer on the crank that we all mistook as part of the crank. I pulled that spacer off and bingo, that flywheel went right on. Lol. Lice and learn.

• 2 weeks later...