Bullnose Forums

Visor Decals

ckuske

Hi Everyone,

I realize that the decals vary by trim level, etc. The PO on my truck removed the vinyl off the visors and replaced with an open-cell foam of some sort, so I don't have the original decals and I'm trying to piece together what SHOULD be there.

I know one side (driver side) had a "Shifting" decal, indicating when to use overdrive, when to not, etc. I'm pretty sure it is 42-0145 here: https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1980-96-decals

I'm not sure if anything was on the passenger side visor.

Anyone have examples or original stickers where you can confirm what decal goes where? I guess 2wd with Overdrive would be the most similar. Thanks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris - I don't know. But I just went through the 1984 owner's manual and the only reference to "visor" is for a transfer case shifting decal on the driver's visor. There are several references to a "decal" but other than the one on the driver's visor none of them are what you are looking for.

Thanks for looking, Gary. Hopefully someone on here has a survivor where the decals are still there, or they have a better memory than I!

I am 99% sure on the shift decal I pointed to at LMC. But I can't remember which side it went on (driver's side makes the most sense) or if there was another decal on the passenger side.

Thanks for looking, Gary. Hopefully someone on here has a survivor where the decals are still there, or they have a better memory than I!

I am 99% sure on the shift decal I pointed to at LMC. But I can't remember which side it went on (driver's side makes the most sense) or if there was another decal on the passenger side.

I hate to say this but did you see what LMC list as years for that decal?

Yep 87 - 90!

Hate to say it #2

Both of my 81 F100 trucks did not have anything on the visor(s) and I am pretty sure they were factory items.

Both were 4x2, 300 six, manual transmissions T18 & SROD, 1 along bed style side Ranger(AC, power brakes, P/S) the other short bed flare side custom (just P/S).

So who has seen anything on a visor?

Dave ----

Yep 87 - 90!

Hate to say it #2

Both of my 81 F100 trucks did not have anything on the visor(s) and I am pretty sure they were factory items.

Both were 4x2, 300 six, manual transmissions T18 & SROD, 1 along bed style side Ranger(AC, power brakes, P/S) the other short bed flare side custom (just P/S).

Dave ----

I did see that Dave, good observation!

I am chalking that 87-91 up to an error on their part. I am certain there was a sticker like that originally on the visor from when I was a kid. I can't remember the exact verbiage etc, but the graphics and layout match what I remember. Of course, the picture on LMC isn't good enough for me to see if there's anything 87-91 specific on the sticker, but if/when I do an LMC purchase, I figure I can spring for a sticker and try it until I am proven wrong. In fact, I'd love to be proven either right or wrong on this one more than relying on a 25 year old memory :nabble_smiley_blush:

I wonder if CA trucks had more decals for some reason? Like the goofy "Everything in the building causes cancer" notices that are everywhere in CA buildings? (I'm only half joking here)

Yep 87 - 90!

Hate to say it #2

Dave ----

My '82, I took the original visors off and replaced with new and they had nothing on the visors either. Given I wouldnt expect anything seeing as mine is a 302 C6 with dealer A/C. I dont think I saw anything in my '82 Owners Manual in reference to a decal on the visor.