Bullnose Forums

300 six clutch pivot πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ˜©

Ford F834

Nice job on a "get me by" fix, kind of like my bolt welded to what was left of the pivot LOL.

The only thing I see with the "fix" is it looks like the Zbar is to the frame pivot to far.

If you were to hold the motor pivot up I think you will see the Zbar is almost falling off the pivot.

Or is it just the way the picture was taken?

I think there is a clip that fits the Zbar so it cant move to far to the frame side?

This is what that bushing looks like - kind of round to allow for movement of the motor.

I should get a picture of mine now that it is working as the factory wanted it to.

Dave ----

Dave, it looks to me like the Z bar sits pretty close to the frame pivot bracket. It did not separate readily so I just unbolted the bracket/Z bar assembly and slid it onto my makeshift block pin. The frame pin to Z bar relationship did not change, and there is now more bearing length on the block side than it had originally. If there is a retainer on the frame side to prevent lateral Z bar movements I didn’t see it or mess with it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, it looks to me like the Z bar sits pretty close to the frame pivot bracket. It did not separate readily so I just unbolted the bracket/Z bar assembly and slid it onto my makeshift block pin. The frame pin to Z bar relationship did not change, and there is now more bearing length on the block side than it had originally. If there is a retainer on the frame side to prevent lateral Z bar movements I didn’t see it or mess with it.

Gary's post #7B545 clip I cant remember what it is for now but I did put it back on mine.

Dave ----