Bullnose Forums

Diary of a Restore (Thread)

Hey Jim,

I am not seeing any carter for my year…..I have a bit of time on this, but the timing is not the best. I knew I’d want to drop the tank sooner or later, and so I guess now is the later. I would not mind getting a new unit as I am sure this is original in it. IF it is just the float, I have an extra unit for a spare.

I see the spectra and others, then a bunch of Dormans.

Here is the seat back with one of the splits in the top foam, which I patched with foam using Lokweld. It worked great.

The upper and lower frames of the bench were rusty, so I took all the rust off, and treated with phosphoric. Repainted.

Just a small update on the HiPo:

They are definitely brighter, and I love them, but they do pulse…ALOT at idle. Overall, if you want to see your gauges at night? Go HiPo, but if you hate the pulse, not the best choice.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small update on the HiPo:

They are definitely brighter, and I love them, but they do pulse…ALOT at idle. Overall, if you want to see your gauges at night? Go HiPo, but if you hate the pulse, not the best choice.

Small Update:

I have been recovering from a shoulder injury that I gave myself at a local Pick thanks to a impact wrench that wrenched my arm more than the bolt.

Also, installed a 220 line for more robust welding experience (in garage).

But I finally got to the dual oil pressure fix. My original platic oil line was leaking, and I hope that is the cause of the slow leak off the bell housing. Anyway, here is how I did it. No leaks! All gauges work!

IMG_2739.thumb.jpeg.32a41cf4074a72c591384e3885d277a2.jpeg

Small Update:

I have been recovering from a shoulder injury that I gave myself at a local Pick thanks to a impact wrench that wrenched my arm more than the bolt.

Also, installed a 220 line for more robust welding experience (in garage).

But I finally got to the dual oil pressure fix. My original platic oil line was leaking, and I hope that is the cause of the slow leak off the bell housing. Anyway, here is how I did it. No leaks! All gauges work!

Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it is well now. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

On the oil pressure line, glad you found the leak. But do you have a loop in the line so it can flex as the engine rocks?

Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it is well now. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

On the oil pressure line, glad you found the leak. But do you have a loop in the line so it can flex as the engine rocks?

X2

But I hope you DID NOT USE plastic line for the oil :nabble_smiley_angry:

Over time the plastic dries out and will break spraying oil all over and hope it dose not catch fire.

They sell a copper line just for this and that is the way to go with a few loops.

Oh yse had a dune buggy that had plastic line.

No fire but the mess was not pretty!

Dave ----

X2

Over time the plastic dries out and will break spraying oil all over and hope it dose not catch fire.

They sell a copper line just for this and that is the way to go with a few loops.

Dave ----

Hey Dave,

I was going to go with a braided line, which I still have. But I did not have the fittings for the back of the sunpro. I need to see if I should either replace the sunpro, or try to find a fitting that will work for the braided.

I would rather braid the line TBH. So, all I had was a plastic line as a backup, which I used. It has no loop, but enough slack (I prolly should have put in a loop, but I see this as a temporary fix).

The old one leaked at the oil pressure hole because whoever cut that line, cut the plastic line at an angle! My cut was straight. :nabble_smiley_beam:

X2

Dave ----

Hey Dave,

I was going to go with a braided line, which I still have. But I did not have the fittings for the back of the sunpro. I need to see if I should either replace the sunpro, or try to find a fitting that will work for the braided.

I would rather braid the line TBH. So, all I had was a plastic line as a backup, which I used. It has no loop, but enough slack (I prolly should have put in a loop, but I see this as a temporary fix).

The old one leaked at the oil pressure hole because whoever cut that line, cut the plastic line at an angle! My cut was straight. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Glad you are recovering so well.

On the plastic line, I ran it for quite a while, but it has its limitations. So changing to copper or braided line later is a good idea.

I am on it this week…the issue is the back of the sunpro fitting is a ferulle fitting, and that cannot be screwed out, so I need a coupler to screw onto that small opening and go to the braised line—the tapered ¼ inch or whatever it is. HARD TO FIND for me at this point. I can post pic if that makes more sense for you all to see what I mean.

Glad you are recovering so well.

On the plastic line, I ran it for quite a while, but it has its limitations. So changing to copper or braided line later is a good idea.

I am on it this week…the issue is the back of the sunpro fitting is a ferulle fitting, and that cannot be screwed out, so I need a coupler to screw onto that small opening and go to the braised line—the tapered ¼ inch or whatever it is. HARD TO FIND for me at this point. I can post pic if that makes more sense for you all to see what I mean.

Sorry for getting back late

Have you checked with Summit or Jeggs for a non-plastic oil gauge install kit?

I want to say Auto Meter made a kit that had copper line the same size as the plastic that I used in my drag car years ago.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say Auto Meter made a kit that had copper line the same size as the plastic that I used in my drag car years ago.

Dave ----

Summit definitely has the copper line kit for cheap. It would bolt right in both ends.

I still have not found an adapter for the gauge end of the line for the braided conversion, so that may well be the route I go.

• 5 months later...

Dave ----

Summit definitely has the copper line kit for cheap. It would bolt right in both ends.

I still have not found an adapter for the gauge end of the line for the braided conversion, so that may well be the route I go.

Thought I would share a little video I put together on the property that will include the new OG: Enjoy FWIW: