Bullnose Forums

Yet another guy from Colorado

Well, actually just across the border in northwest New Mexico. But I still work in Colorado, and I grew up there. Just can't afford to live there anymore.

Just bought a 1985 f-150 from a guy who had owned it since 1988. Mostly I needed a truck to haul trash to the dump and occasionally haul big stuff from the store... That sort of thing. I don't plan for it to be a daily driver or a committed "project".... But I do want to keep it going and fix some of the little stuff with it. And who knows? Maybe someday I'll catch the restoration bug.

My name is Ian. I notice there's another new guy named Ian.... Hopefully nobody gets confused.

Forgot to mention, this isn't my first F-150... I had a 1991 shortbed for several years which was my favorite truck ever. But I had to get rid of it in a hurry, and I still regret it. But "Old Blue" (the previous owner's name for my new truck) already feels like family too.

Welcome Ian! :nabble_waving_orig:

I sometimes refer to Dave G's 300 project as 'the Garbage Truck' 😁

Even though it's a beautiful reimagining of what a Flareside could be for him.

I like to see that some of us can still look at an older pickup as a useful implement.

Welcome Ian! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/waving_orig.gif

I sometimes refer to Dave G's 300 project as 'the Garbage Truck' 😁

Even though it's a beautiful reimagining of what a Flareside could be for him.

I like to see that some of us can still look at an older pickup as a useful implement.

Welcome Ian

Yes I bought my 81 flare side to haul the weekly trash to the dump.

Thing is as soon as I got it home and checked it out a little better I ripped it apart and did a cab off frame rebuild.

From this

8020Left20Rear001.jpg.6a1b41d73e6ad90228b6623037e4461a.jpg

To this in 4 years almost to the day

20200227_161133.jpg.b2adcf53b689c3a456234e62e538b75e.jpg

and loaded with some trash LOL

20200101_135548.jpg.ad083c6bcea9106b6d35bdecdee15452.jpg

Dave ----

Welcome, Ian! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Love the name Ian. It is my favorite grandson's name. Come to think of it, he's my only grandson. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Where in NW NM? Around Farmington? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

Welcome, Ian! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Love the name Ian. It is my favorite grandson's name. Come to think of it, he's my only grandson. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Where in NW NM? Around Farmington? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.

Not in any town, I live way out in the tumbleweeds. But my mail comes from Aztec, so I guess you could stick the pin there. Or in Durango, that's where I work. Either or.

It's funny, I think the whole time I was growing up I met just one other kid named Ian. Now the name is pretty common. Guess maybe it skipped a generation.

Welcome Ian

Yes I bought my 81 flare side to haul the weekly trash to the dump.

Thing is as soon as I got it home and checked it out a little better I ripped it apart and did a cab off frame rebuild.

From this

To this in 4 years almost to the day

and loaded with some trash LOL

Dave ----

Wow, that's a real pretty truck. Looks like you put a lot of time, bread, and effort into it. I'm glad to see you still haul trash with it. Like a "useful implement" as Jim called it, and not a pampered princess.

Not in any town, I live way out in the tumbleweeds. But my mail comes from Aztec, so I guess you could stick the pin there. Or in Durango, that's where I work. Either or.

It's funny, I think the whole time I was growing up I met just one other kid named Ian. Now the name is pretty common. Guess maybe it skipped a generation.

Ok, you are on the map. And you appear to live very close to where they took us out on a float trip out of Durango. I know we crossed into NM as I saw the state line sign as they took us back in the van.

But that was 25 years ago or so. About 1 1/2 years ago my wife and I stayed north of Durango in a B&B for a week. Road the train one day, shopped in town another day, rented a Jeep in Ouray, etc. Love that country. Have ridden the train probably 4 times, been back to Ouray with Big Blue last fall, etc.

As for my Ian, he's half of a set of twins. His sister's name is Isla. Not sure why the kids picked those names, but they are pretty cool names. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, you are on the map. And you appear to live very close to where they took us out on a float trip out of Durango. I know we crossed into NM as I saw the state line sign as they took us back in the van.

But that was 25 years ago or so. About 1 1/2 years ago my wife and I stayed north of Durango in a B&B for a week. Road the train one day, shopped in town another day, rented a Jeep in Ouray, etc. Love that country. Have ridden the train probably 4 times, been back to Ouray with Big Blue last fall, etc.

As for my Ian, he's half of a set of twins. His sister's name is Isla. Not sure why the kids picked those names, but they are pretty cool names. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Welcome from Lafayette! I have a buddy who hunts down near Durango so we're in the area about once a year. Maybe I'll find an excuse to drive Rocky down there some day. (Rocky is an '81 F-250 with the same red/white-stripe paint scheme you have but done totally ghetto, with rattle-cans. It's a hunt rig...)