Bullnose Forums

Custom Air Cleaner Decals

JimJam300

Okay here's a prototype 5.0 2V in the style of a 5.8 H.O. Ring with the Helvetica font. I'm aware it's not totally lined up, I still have to figure that out.

Ring_Example_5.png.c7891b2cf04edb214b93dc656d2fc1b7.png

This ring decal will have to be a 2-part. My printer just isn't big enough.

And here's another based the style of a 5.8L H.O. Crescent

Third_Circle_Example.png.cf77fab350c4ee4667a66dff7a873f7e.png

I'm thinking I'm not using a good program (Inkscape) for this type of work. That or I need to get educated on it.

Text-only decals such as this example from NPD will be very cheap and easy.

80s_Text_Decal.jpg.3cbd6666fbd20c740b0b67a902010926.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here's a prototype 5.0 2V in the style of a 5.8 H.O. Ring with the Helvetica font. I'm aware it's not totally lined up, I still have to figure that out.

This ring decal will have to be a 2-part. My printer just isn't big enough.

I'm thinking I'm not using a good program (Inkscape) for this type of work. That or I need to get educated on it.

Text-only decals such as this example from NPD will be very cheap and easy.

Maybe Randy can offer some advice?

He was in the sign making trade and obviously knows how to manipulate fonts.

A word of warning is to know exactly which air cleaner lid you're going to use because one thing we learned with Dad's Air Cleaner was that the raised flats differ, so obviously the radius does too.

Both examples look really good!

The bordered 1V LO is very cheeky. 😈

Maybe Randy can offer some advice?

He was in the sign making trade and obviously knows how to manipulate fonts.

A word of warning is to know exactly which air cleaner lid you're going to use because one thing we learned with Dad's Air Cleaner was that the raised flats differ, so obviously the radius does too.

Both examples look really good!

The bordered 1V LO is very cheeky. 😈

I have AutoCAD at work and I'm somewhat decent at it. I will see what I can do with it on my lunch break. I feel scaling in that program will be a lot easier. Then again I haven't even checked out the software my wife uses for her Cricut.

From what I've searched, it looks like there are at least 4 different air cleaner lids. The straight six lid, an early "tall" V8 lid, later "flat" V8 lid, and 6.9L IDI lid. Are the V8 and I6 air cleaners/lids interchangeable?

I have AutoCAD at work and I'm somewhat decent at it. I will see what I can do with it on my lunch break. I feel scaling in that program will be a lot easier. Then again I haven't even checked out the software my wife uses for her Cricut.

From what I've searched, it looks like there are at least 4 different air cleaner lids. The straight six lid, an early "tall" V8 lid, later "flat" V8 lid, and 6.9L IDI lid. Are the V8 and I6 air cleaners/lids interchangeable?

I'm sorry, I don't know.

I know the 2V & 4V H.O. V-8 air cleaners were different.

Thanks for identifying a closer font. The numbers look almost exact. The r is still wrong!

There are some free apps out there that enable you to open a font and modify any letter you want.

I did it for my office logo, needed to reply a vintage "Lettraset" sheet I used that wasn't existing for computers use.

I can help if needed, and Gary could archive the font for future use.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n116230/Third_Circle_Example.png

OUCH that hurts :nabble_smiley_hurt: :nabble_smiley_evil:

Someone said something about the tear drop filter housing AFAIK they did not have anything on them.

I also dont know if they would take to anything on them because of the shape?

20200222_154835-01.jpg.6bf6928f388d556f0712036bb395712b.jpg

I dont know when they went to the round housing maybe around 83?

Dave ----

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n116230/Third_Circle_Example.png

OUCH that hurts :nabble_smiley_hurt: :nabble_smiley_evil:

Someone said something about the tear drop filter housing AFAIK they did not have anything on them.

Dave ----

4.9 LO !

Omg i have got to have this. I will even paint the lid silver if i have to! Let me know when available.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n116555/20200222_154835-01.jpg

Dave ----

We can always make a straight decal or somethin. I don't really see how I could do a round one on that.

My '82 has a round housing, which I'm led to believe is original based on the rest of the truck.