Bullnose Forums

Custom Air Cleaner Decals

JimJam300

Someone said something about the tear drop filter housing AFAIK they did not have anything on them.

I also dont know if they would take to anything on them because of the shape?

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n116555/20200222_154835-01.jpg

I dont know when they went to the round housing maybe around 83?

Dave ----

We can always make a straight decal or somethin. I don't really see how I could do a round one on that.

My '82 has a round housing, which I'm led to believe is original based on the rest of the truck.

I dont know if mine came with that filter housing as the truck had one of them cheap 3" round after market ones.

I had seen some pictures of the tear drop ones so went with that.

Dave ----

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dudes. I'm finally moving into my new place. Wife is currently setting up the home office. Though I'm going to be pretty busy all summer with a 2 week trip though Utah's national parks, backpacking, maybe motorcycle camping as well, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to make some more headway.

Hey dudes. I'm finally moving into my new place. Wife is currently setting up the home office. Though I'm going to be pretty busy all summer with a 2 week trip though Utah's national parks, backpacking, maybe motorcycle camping as well, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to make some more headway.

Man, that doesn't sound like the Bullnose Forum attitude! Abandon needy brothers for a 2-week backpacking/camping adventure in Utah? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Seriously though, I am jealous!!!!! I love Utah. But the only thing I'd change is I'd take my truck and not a bike. Otherwise, HAVE FUN!!! We will miss you but expect to see pics. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 months later...

Thanks for identifying a closer font. The numbers look almost exact. The r is still wrong!

There are some free apps out there that enable you to open a font and modify any letter you want.

I did it for my office logo, needed to reply a vintage "Lettraset" sheet I used that wasn't existing for computers use.

I can help if needed, and Gary could archive the font for future use.

For those interested, LMC sells some 5.8 Liter decals:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Aluminium-air-filter-cover-rejuvenation-tp122523p122603.html

In case anybody is curious, if you dig into the air cleaner decals (or any of the OEM style replacement decals) they almost always track back to Jim Osborne Reproductions. They're in the Carolinas somewhere...I forget which...NC or SC, or maybe Georgia. He used to have a really extensive website, but I can't find it now. All that turns up is a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sr281/

Edit: Their phone is area code 770 which appears to be Atlanta, so I was wrong on the Carolinas park, but in the right corner of the country at least lol.

In case anybody is curious, if you dig into the air cleaner decals (or any of the OEM style replacement decals) they almost always track back to Jim Osborne Reproductions. They're in the Carolinas somewhere...I forget which...NC or SC, or maybe Georgia. He used to have a really extensive website, but I can't find it now. All that turns up is a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sr281/

Edit: Their phone is area code 770 which appears to be Atlanta, so I was wrong on the Carolinas park, but in the right corner of the country at least lol.

Nice!

I sent them a message, asking if they have a web site.

We’ll see!

Cory,

They answered fast!

6B81E5AA-326C-4D33-AA2B-8823A82CC63B.jpeg.6c967f8423a7bf5ebc86fc84fdf15fbe.jpeg

I downloaded their PDF catalog, but don’t know if possible to share on the Forum. This is a partial screen capture of the Ford Truck air cleaner section:

8F89B736-ED8B-44E2-AD4E-5781A8DC11E2.jpeg.879b7453295109ef504e1bf503258660.jpeg

They have a lot of reproduction decals!

E0B1E9F3-B5C6-44D6-B273-0A7802409F2C.jpeg.a365bcf4e7667f379df1f3790501e9d6.jpeg

Cory,

They answered fast!

I downloaded their PDF catalog, but don’t know if possible to share on the Forum. This is a partial screen capture of the Ford Truck air cleaner section:

They have a lot of reproduction decals!

Jeff - I've downloaded the catalog and am OCR'ing it so people can search it. When done I'll hive off the portion that appears to be Bullnose-oriented and put that on a post here.

And I've left Osborn a telephone message to that effect. And when I have it done I'll send them a link to it via FB Messenger.

Jeff - I've downloaded the catalog and am OCR'ing it so people can search it. When done I'll hive off the portion that appears to be Bullnose-oriented and put that on a post here.

And I've left Osborn a telephone message to that effect. And when I have it done I'll send them a link to it via FB Messenger.

Gary, as always, you’re on top!

👍

I started a new thread in the main section so everyone can see it. It is Jim Osborn Reproductions Bullnose+ Catalog.