Bullnose Forums

Todays Headers

Waine5550

New motor is running, as soon it breaks in going to put on the headers. Looking for suggestions. Maybe coated shorties due to the bung hole being closer to the engine. What are the better brands out there for my 85 f150 302 efi 4x4 AOD. If you have used a certain part number please add that info.

I had BBK 3510 shorties on my '84 302, and I really liked them. I had a set of the JBA versions as well briefly...I bought a NOS set really cheap and then re-sold them lol, but they were very nice also...I'd say basically the same thing as the BBK's. I did have to buy new header bolts and gaskets though. The ones that came with the headers were too short. Maybe I got a bad batch, I dunno.

IMG_4605.jpg.82fb8f8e1e9936548f5775294a9c33a5.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg.b8c64d60f7ac61a2abae7b2b080da006.jpg

And this is the color they turned after being used for a while. They stayed the same after this. I never did polish them or anything. I imagine it would help.

IMG_6275.jpg.405c5e1d8d489dec2f44488fde7d21ba.jpg

I had BBK 3510 shorties on my '84 302, and I really liked them. I had a set of the JBA versions as well briefly...I bought a NOS set really cheap and then re-sold them lol, but they were very nice also...I'd say basically the same thing as the BBK's. I did have to buy new header bolts and gaskets though. The ones that came with the headers were too short. Maybe I got a bad batch, I dunno.

And this is the color they turned after being used for a while. They stayed the same after this. I never did polish them or anything. I imagine it would help.

Your work/finished product is always nice, Cory! :nabble_smiley_good: