Bullnose Forums

Moose - 86 CCLB 7.3/ZF5 Dually

H6Rally

Hey guys! Had this truck a few years, decided i have made enough progress to post here. Posting on mobile, might take a few tries to get these pictures right.

qPFTImL.thumb.jpg.e860c35c03600c2128054117f14e3ee0.jpg

The day I found and traded for it. Drove three hours, truck had to be pull started. Bad vacuum pump, so drove it three hours home with nearly no brakes.

PRXtTgg.thumb.jpeg.cfbb415479275cc90963715aead80cd2.jpeg

Few weeks later. Installed bull bar, cleaned up some.

hwaZZLi.thumb.jpeg.cc1d455414b7c914a5db193529231b41.jpeg

New tires, wheels painted white, other misc updates.

1FrmsiX.thumb.jpeg.dfe621390c11032788b0bcac406f28ca.jpeg

Night shot, after getting all my lights working finally.

UwP4B53.thumb.jpeg.978f19a0b59be4f8ca11d7e2b48b416f.jpeg

West coast mirrors, leveling kit, and a whole bunch of electrical work.

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Looks like you got the pic-posting thing down. Good job. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice truck. Looks very solid.

However, there's a minor problem - when you joined we should have asked you to make your first post in the New Members Start Here folder. That's because we keep the guidelines there and want to ensure you've had a chance to read them. You didn't post there, but that's not a biggee - assuming you can assure me you've seen the guidelines.

We hold everyone to the guidelines as we have young members, or at least young perusers, like my grandchildren who are currently 10. So we just want to ensure everyone has seen the guidelines.

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Looks like you got the pic-posting thing down. Good job. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice truck. Looks very solid.

However, there's a minor problem - when you joined we should have asked you to make your first post in the New Members Start Here folder. That's because we keep the guidelines there and want to ensure you've had a chance to read them. You didn't post there, but that's not a biggee - assuming you can assure me you've seen the guidelines.

We hold everyone to the guidelines as we have young members, or at least young perusers, like my grandchildren who are currently 10. So we just want to ensure everyone has seen the guidelines.

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

My apologies! I did read the guidelines, though have not posted over there. I will go ahead and do so now.

My ZIP code is 27583, and my name is Ryan.

• 2 years later...

LED conversion, new mirrors, not much progress but it's something. 100a alternator upgrade, 6.0 glow plug harness mod, getting ready for 38 gallon tank swap

Hi Ryan!

Nice job!

May I suggest that you add a signature (Account settings -> Edit your signature), with short description of your truck?

Seems that your truck as a cousin here named Darth.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

I too have a Crew Cab (although not a dual wheel), so with you, our group of "big boys" is growing!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Hi Ryan!

Nice job!

May I suggest that you add a signature (Account settings -> Edit your signature), with short description of your truck?

Seems that your truck as a cousin here named Darth.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

I too have a Crew Cab (although not a dual wheel), so with you, our group of "big boys" is growing!

We already have 'The FOG' (Flareside Owners Group)

What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?

Lol!

No, Jim, I don’t suggest to create a sub-group for Loooong-Bullnoses.

Just knowing who else shares the same challenge when parking these monsters at the grocery would be fine.

And maybe a special section in the library where to share our tips for repairing, maintaining or restoring the «behind driver’s seat» cabin section (for exemple ceiling vault, carpet, doors & windows).

:nabble_smiley_cool:

What do you suggest?

Lol!

No, Jim, I don’t suggest to create a sub-group for Loooong-Bullnoses.

Just knowing who else shares the same challenge when parking these monsters at the grocery would be fine.

And maybe a special section in the library where to share our tips for repairing, maintaining or restoring the «behind driver’s seat» cabin section (for exemple ceiling vault, carpet, doors & windows).

:nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm going to have to suggest 'The BBC'. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

It's official!