Bullnose Forums

Sharing my exciting progress

I’m just posting a picture because I’m really excited about the progress we’ve made. The 460 and ZF5 are in and sitting in their respective mounts and the NP205 front output appears to clear the M5OD 4x4 trans mount with a CV. We also test fit the Mad Dog headers and they clear the Duff front suspension mounts.

I was really surprised by how small that big block looks in the engine bay!

D1D41A92-105B-4FA5-A0DD-A780C960131B.jpeg.9d3e276ba78fe6e88a2241be2fbe2871.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I see coils, that's a lot of engine for a 150. It's gonna be a blast to drive

Wanted to share a picture with an update.

E68C70C0-2A4E-45BF-9766-ABABD6F0E6FE.jpeg.f3717ed0ad2da02d5a58dd252e5abbbd.jpeg

The CVF Racing serpentine kit is phenomenal. I got creative with the rear mount and made it work with a high flow dual return pump. Customer Support was great when I found that my ‘68 heads had slightly different threads; they sent me additional hardware immediately at no charge. I switched the belt on the tensioner to one that is 1” longer to get a better fit for the PS pump. Probably could have gone longer with how much adjustment there is available on the AC compressor.

The hydroboost and master are in and plumbed. I’m still trying to sort out the Aeroflow barb to AN adapters but everything else is Aeroquip/Eaton and Aeromotive. I really like the PTFE fittings and highly recommend them if you want to make your own lines. I did the EFI fuel system all the way to the tank and all of the PS lines with 2 20’ spools of 6AN PTFE lines and had about 3’ left over. Keep it simple and stay with the same manufacturer for hose and fittings and it’s much easier. I’m using the 4AN PTFE lines for my brakes, too.

We cut the fenders to fit the Maddog fender exit headers. They fit perfectly around the Duff SAS kit. Only thing I had to do was trim the body mount bolt behind the wheel. I’m going to paint them before I install them but this is what it looks like for fit:

987BFEBA-B60F-4718-A5ED-E4CFAFCBDEB3.jpeg.85b171e844b61001eb04f106ebeefece.jpeg

The CVF Racing serpentine kit is phenomenal. I got creative with the rear mount and made it work with a high flow dual return pump. Customer Support was great when I found that my ‘68 heads had slightly different threads; they sent me additional hardware immediately at no charge. I switched the belt on the tensioner to one that is 1” longer to get a better fit for the PS pump. Probably could have gone longer with how much adjustment there is available on the AC compressor.

The hydroboost and master are in and plumbed. I’m still trying to sort out the Aeroflow barb to AN adapters but everything else is Aeroquip/Eaton and Aeromotive. I really like the PTFE fittings and highly recommend them if you want to make your own lines. I did the EFI fuel system all the way to the tank and all of the PS lines with 2 20’ spools of 6AN PTFE lines and had about 3’ left over. Keep it simple and stay with the same manufacturer for hose and fittings and it’s much easier. I’m using the 4AN PTFE lines for my brakes, too.

We cut the fenders to fit the Maddog fender exit headers. They fit perfectly around the Duff SAS kit. Only thing I had to do was trim the body mount bolt behind the wheel. I’m going to paint them before I install them but this is what it looks like for fit:

Looking great, Chad! I'm impressed. You are really getting it together. :nabble_anim_claps:

Looks great, good progress!

Looks great, good progress!

Looks good :nabble_smiley_good:

Only thing I question is "I’m using the 4AN PTFE lines for my brakes, too."

Do they say it is ok to use for brakes?

The fluid will not hurt it and the big one with "make your fittings" is will they hold up to the high pressure the brake system puts out?

I hear the brake system can get into the 1000's of PSI and why I ask.

Also some of the line not made for brakes like to balloon up making the pedal spongy.

That is a big thing when guys replace the rubber lines with non-brake flex lines.

The flex lines are braided and have crimped on fittings.

Just a FYI

Dave ----