Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like only Napa has fusible links! They are ordered and i will get them this afternoon.

I'm finding this more and more with out of date parts and technology.

Just getting a fusible link (or in my case a distributor rotor) can be a challenge.

I used to know where to source almost anything I wanted 25 years ago, before the instant gratification of internet commerce brought a new paradigm.

But a lot of parts chains won't stock a SKU they only sell occasionally.

Many don't even have one in their regional warehouse.

Glad you've got a handle on the problem and a part on the way.:nabble_smiley_good:

Lots of rodents like to gnaw wire insulation.

Honda and VW were really bad for awhile because they were using environmentally conscious soy based vinyl.

It was like smearing peanut butter on the harness!

Honda had to add Denatonium Benzoate and/or Capsaicin to the insulation because of vermin problems.

I'm finding this more and more with out of date parts and technology.

Just getting a fusible link (or in my case a distributor rotor) can be a challenge.

I used to know where to source almost anything I wanted 25 years ago, before the instant gratification of internet commerce brought a new paradigm.

But a lot of parts chains won't stock a SKU they only sell occasionally.

Many don't even have one in their regional warehouse.

Glad you've got a handle on the problem and a part on the way.:nabble_smiley_good:

Lots of rodents like to gnaw wire insulation.

Honda and VW were really bad for awhile because they were using environmentally conscious soy based vinyl.

It was like smearing peanut butter on the harness!

Honda had to add Denatonium Benzoate and/or Capsaicin to the insulation because of vermin problems.

I popped into Autozone and they said, we should have ONE! When the guy looked he said “I think it has been over a year since someone asked for a fusible link”

So i got it from Napa.

All nicely installed and cleaned up. And didn’t make a squat of difference..

I got out my EVTM and traced the issue back to the curved connector by the steering column, i forget the number now… but basically pulled it apart, some contact cleaner and reconnected it and BOOM! All good :)

It took about 3 hours 🤦‍♂️

I popped into Autozone and they said, we should have ONE! When the guy looked he said “I think it has been over a year since someone asked for a fusible link”

So i got it from Napa.

I got out my EVTM and traced the issue back to the curved connector by the steering column, i forget the number now… but basically pulled it apart, some contact cleaner and reconnected it and BOOM! All good :)

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

So i got it from Napa.

Cool!

So i got it from Napa.

Glad you figured it out! :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't feel so alone after chasing my tail with a light switch and pigtail before jumpering out the back of my fuse panel the other day.

Misery loves company and all that!

Not miserable, and I'm glad you aren't either. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Just, we are both doing our best to resolve an issue, but ultimately figure out we are chasing a red herring.

I REALLY feel for you, getting the wrong size carpet. 😖

Literally thought to myself "That's something I would have done"

• 2 months later...

Not miserable, and I'm glad you aren't either. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Just, we are both doing our best to resolve an issue, but ultimately figure out we are chasing a red herring.

I REALLY feel for you, getting the wrong size carpet. 😖

Literally thought to myself "That's something I would have done"

Finally got a friend ti help me with the carpet. Front bench is in. Need to trim up and put the back bench in, then I can install all the trim .

5C87E79B-4CD6-4232-B783-07304D01E8B8.thumb.jpeg.bf7464a79c655f11dffedde38ccb7a66.jpeg

7A79CA97-64B3-4C8F-9889-4AF99E266107.thumb.jpeg.00c8dd383c00b83a18d55a856e9be208.jpeg