Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

Some pics:

Blend door with 4 rivets is nice and secure..

I actually have a complete spare dash. I will clean it up and paint it. This one has a dozen cracks

Using a wirewheel to pull the foam off. Definitely an outside job! 25% done..

Well. That was a giant pain…

But got it cleaned up and new headliner attached. One crinkle and one glue stain. Not sure what i can do about them..

8F54947E-09CD-42B8-BD90-E8D8F724DDD9.jpeg.7607447d96132e200d9f6c03bebbb419.jpeg

Well. That was a giant pain…

But got it cleaned up and new headliner attached. One crinkle and one glue stain. Not sure what i can do about them..

Not sure there's anything to be done on the glue stain.

On the crinkle, assuming it is too much material and won't lay down, in theory you can cut it with a razor blade, take out a bit of material, and glue it back down with the ends butting. But if I did it I'd have a bigger mess.

Not sure there's anything to be done on the glue stain.

On the crinkle, assuming it is too much material and won't lay down, in theory you can cut it with a razor blade, take out a bit of material, and glue it back down with the ends butting. But if I did it I'd have a bigger mess.

Going to leave the headliner alone. Looks soo much better than before!

The frame holding the dash in was broken, so it came out.

13DC2EED-0702-4FCA-9BD2-C2998722E820.jpeg.0b798df5679731638a71d05fa0fb9f85.jpeg

Lots to clean here..

153AF71E-6930-4077-978B-94A26518C431.jpeg.141cb96e6bf129b8c9138d76bc630b66.jpeg

The dash i had in the shed has a small crack, but it will do. So, clean it up and paint..

91ABC475-2182-4514-AC84-EF1149A9D1BE.jpeg.1b8e07193a7da689ea6486460109caee.jpeg

F52DE6AF-8A68-47EA-8EE8-39578298F797.thumb.jpeg.37623c456b636c7d2b275aae047e25c0.jpeg

Going to leave the headliner alone. Looks soo much better than before!

The frame holding the dash in was broken, so it came out.

Lots to clean here..

The dash i had in the shed has a small crack, but it will do. So, clean it up and paint..

The dash looks good.

Depending where the crack is and the other is broken you can use fiber glass rosin to fit it.

The PO of my parts truck broke the dash frame to remove the radio & HVAC control.

I needed that dash because of the AC ad I was swapping over the parts to mine for AC.

I took the missing part from my non-AC dash and using fiber glass rosin I grafted it on the AC dash/

Add a little paint and cant tell it was ever broken.

Dave ----

The dash looks good.

Depending where the crack is and the other is broken you can use fiber glass rosin to fit it.

The PO of my parts truck broke the dash frame to remove the radio & HVAC control.

I needed that dash because of the AC ad I was swapping over the parts to mine for AC.

I took the missing part from my non-AC dash and using fiber glass rosin I grafted it on the AC dash/

Add a little paint and cant tell it was ever broken.

Dave ----

The cracks on this dash are fine. You have to hunt them down.

The big deal was the old dash had cracked metal…

So, new dash is in. Hipo bright LEDs in the instrument cluster.

Driver side footwell light is missing, breakers yard is calling me!

Plastic glove box instead of paper.

Clock wiring harness and clock are in.

Fancy Blaupunkt that is actually destine for the Bronco is making a cameo, it looks soo cool!

C78DDDDF-31E6-42B8-8064-AC1DC24F61B5.thumb.jpeg.68b10a7354b6ebf1d2907ae902df00dc.jpeg

E30216F9-3625-4CDE-97FE-A3367AD75659.thumb.jpeg.fd8c8b863698759bfcd32b923965fc8c.jpeg

F7A52F99-B64E-45C1-82FC-CF11B576983E.thumb.jpeg.9a153448d4b467a898d822b4029dc27a.jpeg

I will try and paint some trim tomorrow. The carpet is supposed to arrive on Monday so i guess it will take an evening or two to get that in, then the trim and headliner..

Slowly coming together. This truck is so solid, all the fluids look good.. i am going to change them all the same..

Fancy Blaupunkt that is actually destine for the Bronco is making a cameo, it looks soo cool!

I will try and paint some trim tomorrow. The carpet is supposed to arrive on Monday so i guess it will take an evening or two to get that in, then the trim and headliner..

Slowly coming together. This truck is so solid, all the fluids look good.. i am going to change them all the same..

Looking good! You did well buying Elyza. :nabble_anim_claps:

Looking good! You did well buying Elyza. :nabble_anim_claps:

I feel like I hit the jackpot..

This truck is in such sound condition. It just has a bunch of minor stuff that hasn’t been taken care of over the years, so as I am knocking them out it is just getting better and better.

That radio is going to be killer in the Bronco…. Even the wife is excited.

Oh my!

When I last had my dash out a decade ago there were lots of tears.

Fortunately I was able to patch it back together, and it still fit.

The soft dash pads on the Bullnose trucks always seem to be a problem.

Eliza is really taking shape! :nabble_smiley_good:

With a new carpet and interior you'll be cruising in style.

I feel like I hit the jackpot..

This truck is in such sound condition. It just has a bunch of minor stuff that hasn’t been taken care of over the years, so as I am knocking them out it is just getting better and better.

That radio is going to be killer in the Bronco…. Even the wife is excited.

Looks great, my truck has same paint and interior. My next big project in the next few months is to paint the interior plastic, your results are giving me motivation!