Bullnose Forums

Power Brake Conversion

Yea if he has an 81 like in his sig then he could do what I did, get a power peddle assy., booster & master.

I did have to replace the booster & master as they were bad and think that is why the parts truck rolled on its roof.

Dave ----

Yes, thanks Dave. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yea if he has an 81 like in his sig then he could do what I did, get a power peddle assy., booster & master.

I did have to replace the booster & master as they were bad and think that is why the parts truck rolled on its roof.

Dave ----

Thanks for the info everyone! I knew I had to change the pedal, I found that here:

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td65450i20|a65556

I read on another site that all I had to do was change the booster, but they didn't mention the MC. My truck only has 52k miles, nothing is really worn out, so I only want to change what I have to.

I wanted to keep it all original, but I'm getting too old to stand on the brakes!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info everyone! I knew I had to change the pedal, I found that here:

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td65450i20|a65556

I read on another site that all I had to do was change the booster, but they didn't mention the MC. My truck only has 52k miles, nothing is really worn out, so I only want to change what I have to.

I wanted to keep it all original, but I'm getting too old to stand on the brakes!

Thanks again!

Also, I am not swapping out the calipers/etc. The rear drums are bigger on the manual brakes, so that's a good thing, I think.

But looking at your chart above, it seems 100/150 both with and without booster use a 1" bore master cylinder.

So, I'm wondering what the difference is then between without booster (E0TZ 2140-C) and with booster (D7TZ 2140-C) if the bore is the same.

But looking at your chart above, it seems 100/150 both with and without booster use a 1" bore master cylinder.

So, I'm wondering what the difference is then between without booster (E0TZ 2140-C) and with booster (D7TZ 2140-C) if the bore is the same.

It says right in the chart that both have a diameter of 1"

Screenshot_2021-06-10-22-22-02-777.thumb.jpeg.1638167ab6ac33079476be223cde845f.jpeg

Though the non-power master probably has a mount for the firewall and the power master has a different C-C, or other mount configuration where it attaches to the booster.

I definitely know that the larger bore 250/350/450 master cylinder won't fit a 100/150 booster.

Though the non-power master probably has a mount for the firewall and the power master has a different C-C, or other mount configuration where it attaches to the booster.

I definitely know that the larger bore 250/350/450 master cylinder won't fit a 100/150 booster.

Thanks Jim! I was hoping to reuse my manual MC, but to be safe, I'll get the one for PB.

Thanks Jim! I was hoping to reuse my manual MC, but to be safe, I'll get the one for PB.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the difference between the power / non-power masters is the rod.

The power master dose not have the rod on it as it is in the booster.

20160410_123100.jpg.f497c5f8e2165f9cdf46add4886d6af9.jpg

The non-power would have the rod in it that goes through the firewall to the peddle.

20160410_122818.jpg.8781d6babcab857f072f95a060179a28.jpg

Now can you pull the rod out of the non-power master and use it is the $98 question?

I swapped the whole unit as they were working (so I thought) on the parts truck so they should work on my truck without any issues.

Dave ----

Now can you pull the rod out of the non-power master and use it is the $98 question?

I swapped the whole unit as they were working (so I thought) on the parts truck so they should work on my truck without any issues.

Dave ----

I'm gonna do the same thing you did Dave just to be safe.

Dave ----

I'm gonna do the same thing you did Dave just to be safe.

I am pretty sure the difference between them is the rod and I dont know if they can be swapped but would say no.

Because both the master, peddle would sink with foot on it, and booster, vacuum leak when peddle was pushed also, I replaced them both at the same time.

Think I went through Auto zone as they were just down the road and I wanted it ASAP as I wanted to take the truck to the company car / truck show.

At first the only thing I did not like was the brake paddle was lower that I like it.

No it would not pump up so no air in lines and the rear shoes were adjusted right.

I did try and adjust the rod between the master and booster but that really did not do anything.

You have to be careful if you adjust this rod as it can apply the brakes even with the paddle up all the way.

I have gotten use to it and dont even think about it now.

I dont know if the peddle was low like this in the parts truck as I never drove it, no motor, doors and roof was caved in from a roll over.

20151219_124941.jpg.9c66d78b6719bf75e6e46cbcc46f0ddb.jpg

The truck gave up a lot to get my truck rebuilt the way it is today.

Dave ----