Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

I need to replace ever single rubber piece on the doors and windows. They are very hard and brittle and water is leaking in every time it rains. Does this kit from Bronco Graveyard have everything? I also need even the weather strip around the windows that roll up and down also. Everything is brittle and breaking. Also the separate item listing for the sliding rear window seal says it is for 82' and up. My truck is an 81'. They told me the 81' did not have a sliding rear window but mine does. Should it be compatible? The kit with the rear window rubber is backordered right now so not sure if I need to wait for this kit if it won't work anyway.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/80-86-Ford-Pick-Up-Truck-Super-Weather-Strip-Kit/productinfo/36024/W/SLIDER/

Attached is a picture of my cart right now. I know I can use the garage door seal or similar for the engine compartment Hood Cowl Rubber but I figured the correct part may look and work better. What are your thoughts on this? (36002A)

Also ordering some barrel clips for myself and a friend. My FORD hood lettering is loose also. (28209)

Not sure if the wiper motor retaining clip (25211) works on my 81' but it looks similar. Does anyone know if this will work to attach the motor to the wiper arms? I destroyed mine removing it.

I think that kit has everything, but it also has the rear window seal for the fixed window. Do they have a similar one for the sliding rear window?

And speaking of the sliding rear window, the 1980/81 trucks did have them but there was a change in '82. And there is a different part number for the seals for them. And I don't know if the later seal fits the earlier window.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that kit has everything, but it also has the rear window seal for the fixed window. Do they have a similar one for the sliding rear window?

And speaking of the sliding rear window, the 1980/81 trucks did have them but there was a change in '82. And there is a different part number for the seals for them. And I don't know if the later seal fits the earlier window.

Yeah it comes with the sliding rear window seal but it is back ordered. You can select it in the drop down list before adding it to the cart. But if it won't work with my truck then I would just order the cheaper kit with the non sliding rear window seal and trade it with someone or sell it on eBay since the kit price is only $13 more vs purchasing separately. Here is the part number they list for the sliding rear window. Do you know the part number I need? Attached is a picture of mine.

FORD MOTOR OEM # E2TZ-1042084-A

PXL_20220609_231654416.jpg.15928f966283cd179e70e4cf5d2ced53.jpg

Yeah it comes with the sliding rear window seal but it is back ordered. You can select it in the drop down list before adding it to the cart. But if it won't work with my truck then I would just order the cheaper kit with the non sliding rear window seal and trade it with someone or sell it on eBay since the kit price is only $13 more vs purchasing separately. Here is the part number they list for the sliding rear window. Do you know the part number I need? Attached is a picture of mine.

It looks like LMC may offer what I need.

49-9286

REAR WINDOW RUBBER "B"

F-SERIES 80-81

$39.95

IN STOCK

ADD TO CART

"B" FOR MODELS WITH ORIGINAL SLIDING REAR WINDOW.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/exterior-rubber/fd-1980-96-hood-door-and-window-rubber

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n119859/PXL_20220609_231654416.jpg

No, I do not know what part number you need. That's because there is no entry that I can find in the Master Parts Catalog for the 1980/81 trucks. In fact, the part number you mentioned, E2TZ-1042084-A, isn't even listed. Instead it shows E7TZ 1542084-A as the proper part number, but that surely replaced your number. But no number is shown for the earlier trucks.

It looks like LMC may offer what I need.

49-9286

REAR WINDOW RUBBER "B"

F-SERIES 80-81

$39.95

IN STOCK

ADD TO CART

"B" FOR MODELS WITH ORIGINAL SLIDING REAR WINDOW.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/exterior-rubber/fd-1980-96-hood-door-and-window-rubber

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n119859/PXL_20220609_231654416.jpg

Looks like you'd better go with LMC.

Yeah hopefully it will work based on the description. I will order the rubber seal kit from the graveyard tomorrow and the rear window seal from LMC. Going to look around a little more to see if there is anything else I should order.

Yeah hopefully it will work based on the description. I will order the rubber seal kit from the graveyard tomorrow and the rear window seal from LMC. Going to look around a little more to see if there is anything else I should order.

I put in part orders from the Graveyard and LMC. Hopefully this will take care of all the soaking wet carpets. At the salvage yard I picked up some parts pictured below. Does anyone know how I can get this clock to work? Does the 1981 have the connector I can plug into or would I need to make my own connection? And can I modify the radio cover piece to accommodate the clock or do I need to find a cover with the holes for the clock? I don't believe the cover that Randy got for me has the cutouts. And the truck in the salvage yard was missing it.

Also I picked up this cover that goes under the glove box. My truck does not have it. I guess it makes it look better and may insulate from road noise.

PXL_20220605_172902583.jpg.afedb01937741966f3d4f0bc6055f7fc.jpg

PXL_20220605_172840041.jpg.4df94f944003480f1d58f75c53867ad7.jpg

PXL_20220605_172615460.jpg.5381dfd0ca76fca3e424313e62d8e83c.jpg

PXL_20220605_172511459.jpg.531fa7da96de5a1a2ce92751aa47f675.jpg

PXL_20220605_172759715.jpg.b9677d84eff76adf5e7c9ce225ea9c38.jpg

PXL_20220605_181213439.jpg.b14d54c041736f064dd7326de185ea2f.jpg

PXL_20220605_181215589.jpg.14f6703377db2583d5af20ccbee3214c.jpg

I put in part orders from the Graveyard and LMC. Hopefully this will take care of all the soaking wet carpets. At the salvage yard I picked up some parts pictured below. Does anyone know how I can get this clock to work? Does the 1981 have the connector I can plug into or would I need to make my own connection? And can I modify the radio cover piece to accommodate the clock or do I need to find a cover with the holes for the clock? I don't believe the cover that Randy got for me has the cutouts. And the truck in the salvage yard was missing it.

Also I picked up this cover that goes under the glove box. My truck does not have it. I guess it makes it look better and may insulate from road noise.

Nice score on the parts.

On the clock if you have a good hand you can cut the 3? panels out of your center bezel or try and find one that is for a clock that good. Thing is a lot of the ones for the clock have also been cut up for a non-factory radio like mine :nabble_smiley_sad:

As for the wiring IIRC all truck have the wiring so if a higher level is ordered it is just a plug in and bezel change. Now the color of the wires / plug have changed between the 3 different clocks you can get but it is pretty easy to wire up.

I got my clock off Ebay and it had the trucks side of the pig tail and that was good because my was cut the same way so I just had to check the wires to make sure they did what they were to do and splice them to my trucks harness.

IIRC the truck has a 3 wire plug should be up near where the clock gets installed.

1 wire is hot all the time to keep the time & date.

1 wire is hot with the key on and this is what tell the clock to "turn on" so you can see it.

the last was the dash light for dimming. (think this wire on the truck side is blue w/red?)

What color are the clock wires?

Dave ----

Nice score on the parts.

On the clock if you have a good hand you can cut the 3? panels out of your center bezel or try and find one that is for a clock that good. Thing is a lot of the ones for the clock have also been cut up for a non-factory radio like mine :nabble_smiley_sad:

As for the wiring IIRC all truck have the wiring so if a higher level is ordered it is just a plug in and bezel change. Now the color of the wires / plug have changed between the 3 different clocks you can get but it is pretty easy to wire up.

I got my clock off Ebay and it had the trucks side of the pig tail and that was good because my was cut the same way so I just had to check the wires to make sure they did what they were to do and splice them to my trucks harness.

IIRC the truck has a 3 wire plug should be up near where the clock gets installed.

1 wire is hot with the key on and this is what tell the clock to "turn on" so you can see it.

the last was the dash light for dimming. (think this wire on the truck side is blue w/red?)

Dave ----

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I may hold off on installing the clock until I get lucky and find a panel that is cut out already. I trust my skills but don't trust old brittle plastic to respond as expected.

I will take a picture of the wires and get back to you. I want to bench test it and clean it up also. It will be ready to go if I find a radio bezel that will work.

Nice score on the parts.

Dave ----

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I may hold off on installing the clock until I get lucky and find a panel that is cut out already. I trust my skills but don't trust old brittle plastic to respond as expected.

I will take a picture of the wires and get back to you. I want to bench test it and clean it up also. It will be ready to go if I find a radio bezel that will work.

Nice score on the parts.

Dave ----

My 1986 did not have a clock. When I sought advice here and looking at the EVTM it seemed the harness should be there and it was. So it was plug and play for me.

I think the harness is just on the passenger side of the stereo.

Info may be in my project thread for Elyza.