Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Bummer! At least they have another one and will deliver it, and the filter.

And yes, that foam should work nicely.

That long tank can hardly fit in my car. I am glad they deliver to me. Hopefully the replacement is less beat up. I noticed the fuel tank in the truck has similar dog ears from shipping damage. I think the tank is not the original. Also the filler neck does not look factory due to the type of clamp.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That long tank can hardly fit in my car. I am glad they deliver to me. Hopefully the replacement is less beat up. I noticed the fuel tank in the truck has similar dog ears from shipping damage. I think the tank is not the original. Also the filler neck does not look factory due to the type of clamp.

Dog ears are factory, but that tank looks like it was dropped off a truck!

Camper tape... The gasket you would put on your bed rails before fitting a topper should work fine. :nabble_smiley_good:

Some tanks from the factory I have seen the corners bent.

It could be so they did not hurt who ever was installing it or easier to install?

On the foam I did not want to use anything that could hold water like a sponge.

Having it between the tank & strap it may never dry out and rust the tank where it is.

The factory stuff was more like thick tar paper. The tar would not hold water.

I found a roll of fake outside grass rug cheap, plastic so will not hold water, and is what I used.

Think others have used a bike inner tube cut and glued to the straps.

Dave ----

Camper tape... The gasket you would put on your bed rails before fitting a topper should work fine. :nabble_smiley_good:

I looked for the camper tape when I was at Northern Tool yesterday. They didn't have any.

It could be so they did not hurt who ever was installing it or easier to install?

Having it between the tank & strap it may never dry out and rust the tank where it is.

I found a roll of fake outside grass rug cheap, plastic so will not hold water, and is what I used.

Dave ----

I looked back in my order history for the foam tape I got. It claims it is of a waterproof material. I got it originally to replace the factory wrap around a headlight. It has held up well over the years.

Screenshot_20210417-212452.thumb.png.d1ff6151092b16f06dd4c4cfbd41fd3b.png

Dave ----

I looked back in my order history for the foam tape I got. It claims it is of a waterproof material. I got it originally to replace the factory wrap around a headlight. It has held up well over the years.

The second fuel tank delivery yesterday looked like a punching bag. One corner had scrapes like it landed on cement. Autozone clamed they are the one that opened the box to inspect it for me but the locking ring bag was open on this one. So it looked like it was taken out for show a few times and dropped. So they are requesting one from the DC warehouse. Hopefully the third time will be better. Putting new dented stuff on my truck just bothers me for some reason. If just the corners are bent with no cement scrapes on it I can handle it. I just don't want it to have dents over the whole thing.

PXL_20210417_200939767.jpg.333ddd165d95e0715d00728861c03750.jpg

PXL_20210417_201105575.jpg.93503b1230aa99091f490095542aba50.jpg

PXL_20210417_201131793.jpg.36c52eba2f418ea5a56df14ec1a90e91.jpg

PXL_20210417_201208374.jpg.4891c17484b5ddcb150b15f977e8c8ec.jpg

PXL_20210417_201131793_(1).jpg.23085bb852a77068a9e8ed16555afcf8.jpg

I looked for the camper tape when I was at Northern Tool yesterday. They didn't have any.

I think you are fine with whatever black roll you have.

It's a shame the company doesn't care more about a product that could kill people. 🙄

I got my tanks through eBay sellers and they were perfect. (I have the later large bung tanks)

Good luck! Third time's a charm.

It's a shame the company doesn't care more about a product that could kill people. 🙄

I got my tanks through eBay sellers and they were perfect. (I have the later large bung tanks)

Yes, that's a shame. Hopefully the next one will be good.

Good idea to hang in there and get a good one. No need to rush as you may regret it later.

Yes, that's a shame. Hopefully the next one will be good.

Good idea to hang in there and get a good one. No need to rush as you may regret it later.

WOW a 19 gallon tank dented to 16 gallons :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Yes best to hold out for a good one.

I am guessing you have other things you can do to the truck while waiting for the tank?

As I posted a small can on the fender to run the motor works great, did it for years that way till the truck was ready for a test drive.

Dave ----

I asked LMC today and they say their tanks are packed well. If another is beat up I could order from them but they are out of stock right now.