Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Dude, your dog is WANTING to go for a ride in the truck. I see it in his(her?) eyes. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I wish, Sergeant does not like to ride in vehicles. But I will try.

Dont feel bad my 2 dogs, 75-80 lb each, dont like riding in cars or trucks.

When they go for check ups we have to lift them in :nabble_anim_crazy:

Fuel system is looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

You know what you get 1 part looking really good it makes the rest look really bad then you got more work to make the bad parts look good :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

I am thinking about trying something like this.

Taking a rain break now. Just happy it is raining finally.

PXL_20210524_2231569072.jpg.57ed63abbd2aa22df6d3b118545f882f.jpg

Dude, your dog is WANTING to go for a ride in the truck. I see it in his(her?) eyes. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I wish, Sergeant does not like to ride in vehicles. But I will try.

Dont feel bad my 2 dogs, 75-80 lb each, dont like riding in cars or trucks.

When they go for check ups we have to lift them in :nabble_anim_crazy:

Fuel system is looking good :nabble_smiley_good:

You know what you get 1 part looking really good it makes the rest look really bad then you got more work to make the bad parts look good :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

I am thinking about trying something like this.

When you do let us know how it works.

Only thing to think about is if it is applied to the truck and down the road you want to repaint it will it react to auto paint or not?

What will be needed to repaint over it? Will it need to be removed first and if so how?

For me if that was my truck in the picture of the can I would repaint it back the way it is as thats a pretty color and when done a pretty truck.

Then again I can do the paint work my self where others can not.

Dave ----

When you do let us know how it works.

Only thing to think about is if it is applied to the truck and down the road you want to repaint it will it react to auto paint or not?

What will be needed to repaint over it? Will it need to be removed first and if so how?

For me if that was my truck in the picture of the can I would repaint it back the way it is as thats a pretty color and when done a pretty truck.

Then again I can do the paint work my self where others can not.

Dave ----

I think normal paint prep will probably get rid of it.

"The Patina “Sauce” is a simple wipe on wipe off formula that provides a luminous finish that shows the character, depth and beauty of your patina’ ride. It helps prevent and preserve further deterioration, offers a layer of water resistant protection that helps inhibit rust and polymerizes to a hard finish."

https://sweetpatina.bigcartel.com/product/patina-sauce

Taking a rain break now. Just happy it is raining finally.

After the rain stopped I installed the metal straps and removed the ratchet straps. The tank now has nice tan lines! I should get the CRC corrosion inhibitor on Thursday to touch up the tank where the temp straps were. For the ends I put on Fluid Film but I don't like it. It stays too moist and runny and bubbles up. The CRC spray is much better long term protection that sticks on smooth and creates a barrier.

With the metal straps in I felt confident to add some fuel. I had 5 gallons but couldn't get it to tilt up enough to fuel up so I had to use a funnel. After putting in all 5 gallons the fuel gauge hardly read over Empty. I think it is because my truck is on a 15 degree incline.

PXL_20210524_214007134.jpg.e9384c95bfed30d878e16883e9d241c6.jpg

PXL_20210524_215339915.jpg.0c90d51fe1f7f4dbdb6ad9dcb40b5c59.jpg

PXL_20210524_215335617.jpg.b8ff1175dadc6a187302aec1364df2e3.jpg

PXL_20210524_232039400.jpg.41ed435a380e6ce76021cc542dcd31c5.jpg

PXL_20210524_232054690.jpg.fe9242f642774d2fe09da307eac0243e.jpg

PXL_20210524_232725979.jpg.610372346ebb4b5cb525dfdf7133b532.jpg

PXL_20210524_233833876.jpg.23936dee653dc9120f62cc73a703e316.jpg

PXL_20210524_234101024.jpg.bef142e14999f4f211afd1c9d1d4b61e.jpg

PXL_20210524_235748634.jpg.903cbf2daac59ae38f228be6470ce2ad.jpg

After the rain stopped I installed the metal straps and removed the ratchet straps. The tank now has nice tan lines! I should get the CRC corrosion inhibitor on Thursday to touch up the tank where the temp straps were. For the ends I put on Fluid Film but I don't like it. It stays too moist and runny and bubbles up. The CRC spray is much better long term protection that sticks on smooth and creates a barrier.

With the metal straps in I felt confident to add some fuel. I had 5 gallons but couldn't get it to tilt up enough to fuel up so I had to use a funnel. After putting in all 5 gallons the fuel gauge hardly read over Empty. I think it is because my truck is on a 15 degree incline.

That's about where mine reads when it has 5 gallons left, but the slope will affect it as well. IT's a Ford thing apparently. My mom's 78 Granada had the same gauge and read the same way. At full, will probably read way over.

Tank looking GREAT!

Did ya happen to turn on that key on into start position???? Getting closer to bringing the thunder...

I think you misunderstand.

Fluid Film is supposed to stay fluid...

It will creep through dust/rust and cling to the metal.

It also won't scratch and leave a bare spot.

While it's messy, it IS effective for those of us who have to deal with winter road salt.

Your truck is looking great!

I hope you get it running soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's about where mine reads when it has 5 gallons left, but the slope will affect it as well. IT's a Ford thing apparently. My mom's 78 Granada had the same gauge and read the same way. At full, will probably read way over.

Tank looking GREAT!

Did ya happen to turn on that key on into start position???? Getting closer to bringing the thunder...

Thanks for the feedback on fuel level. I was wondering what is "normal" for this truck.

I didn't dare turn the key all the way yet. Building the suspense!

While it's messy, it IS effective for those of us who have to deal with winter road salt.

Thanks for the Fluid Film feedback. I can see where it can be useful for different applications. But for the tank I prefer the CRC. It sticks nice and is less messy. You can move it around without wiping off on everything it touches. Project Farm (YouTube) did some good tests that you may find interesting. Link below. He didn't review my exact CRC spray but I think it is the same stuff as the CRC "Marine" one.

Thanks for the Fluid Film feedback. I can see where it can be useful for different applications. But for the tank I prefer the CRC. It sticks nice and is less messy. You can move it around without wiping off on everything it touches. Project Farm (YouTube) did some good tests that you may find interesting. Link below. He didn't review my exact CRC spray but I think it is the same stuff as the CRC "Marine" one.

I'm subbed to that channel, and have seen the video.. :nabble_smiley_good:

You might have a look at the channel Mustie1, which uses beeswax and bar oil as an undercoat.

The struggle is real here in the salty northeast. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I agree 100% that the lanolin solution is messy.

Anything is better than rubberized undercoat which actually promotes chassis and body rot by trapping salty water in crevasses.