Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

I will get out and measure the line asap.

My take on using rubber hose.

NHRA drag racing rules say no more than 2 feet TOTAL of rubber fuel line.

I believe if something goes flying and hits a fuel line it will cut rubber were metal will most likely crush.

Rubber will break down overtime and leak where metal will take a lot longer to rust and leak.

Also in a crash rubber could break and leak metal only bend.

BTW where a fuel line goes by the clutch / fly wheel area it needs to be encased in heavy steel tubing for protection.

So I try vary hard to follow their rules even for street cars & trucks if I can.

That is why if I had to get the line to reach I would get more metal line and use a short piece of rubber hose to join the 2 parts over the 2 feet of rubber to make it reach.

Its just me and how I would do it.

On my drag car I ran alum. line for fuel from the fuel cell in the trunk out the truck floor into a filter then a pump then alum. line up to the engine bay to a regulator and in to the carb.

I used braided line between regulator & carb.

Dave ----

Ok the measurement I got if the line was straight is about 8 feet.

Quick measurement trying to follow the curves was about 7 feet and why if straight it would be 8 feet.

This would be what came off of my 81 flare side, they only came with 16 gallon side tanks.

So if your truck is a long bed and the line to short wonder if they got part numbers mixed up and you got a short bed line?

I know a 19 gallon side tank will not fit in place of a 16 gallon one as I tried.

Now when I added the dual tank setup from my parts truck I am pretty sure from the pump back to the valve and the valve all landed in the right place on the frame as they do make short bed style side trucks with dual tanks.

IIRC I had to shorten the rear tank line as it was for a long bed truck.

FYI IIRC the brake line to the rear had the same front lines between LB & SB trucks but the rears were different. I cant remember if I made the LB one shorter or used the SB one?

I do know I used the best of what ever I had on hand for everything.

Dave ----

I will get out and measure the line asap.

My take on using rubber hose.

NHRA drag racing rules say no more than 2 feet TOTAL of rubber fuel line.

I believe if something goes flying and hits a fuel line it will cut rubber were metal will most likely crush.

Rubber will break down overtime and leak where metal will take a lot longer to rust and leak.

Also in a crash rubber could break and leak metal only bend.

BTW where a fuel line goes by the clutch / fly wheel area it needs to be encased in heavy steel tubing for protection.

So I try vary hard to follow their rules even for street cars & trucks if I can.

That is why if I had to get the line to reach I would get more metal line and use a short piece of rubber hose to join the 2 parts over the 2 feet of rubber to make it reach.

Its just me and how I would do it.

On my drag car I ran alum. line for fuel from the fuel cell in the trunk out the truck floor into a filter then a pump then alum. line up to the engine bay to a regulator and in to the carb.

I used braided line between regulator & carb.

Dave ----

I am still waiting for inline tube to get back to me on what they will do. I will measure to see how far the rubber line will be and report back. But most can be above the tank or run on the seam which will be protected by the tank. But considering how cheap that rubber line is I would prefer to use less of it. At the very least I want to see if I can replace it without removing the tank and change it out every few years.

Quick measurement trying to follow the curves was about 7 feet and why if straight it would be 8 feet.

This would be what came off of my 81 flare side, they only came with 16 gallon side tanks.

So if your truck is a long bed and the line to short wonder if they got part numbers mixed up and you got a short bed line?

I know a 19 gallon side tank will not fit in place of a 16 gallon one as I tried.

Now when I added the dual tank setup from my parts truck I am pretty sure from the pump back to the valve and the valve all landed in the right place on the frame as they do make short bed style side trucks with dual tanks.

FYI IIRC the brake line to the rear had the same front lines between LB & SB trucks but the rears were different. I cant remember if I made the LB one shorter or used the SB one?

Dave ----

Thank you for your measurement. I will measure mine today to compare. Yesterday was heavy rain and I didn't get anything done.

Dave ----

Thank you for your measurement. I will measure mine today to compare. Yesterday was heavy rain and I didn't get anything done.

This sucks!!!! Got an empty box from eBay! Why couldn't they put some damn tape on the box??!! :nabble_smiley_cry:

PXL_20210505_153709751_2.jpg.9a31ed273729f0550e15b90e1bdc8b15.jpg

PXL_20210505_153713886.jpg.1376861669bd1230ad7e461527486784.jpg

PXL_20210505_153734384.jpg.7c1660b0852301983c8b115b890a7bf0.jpg

Capture.jpg.c89b1b9e211c965e2490d556a5549f57.jpg

Bummer! Hope the seller will send you another one - if they have one. Or reimburse you.

Priority mail is automatically insured up to $50 or $100 (I forget which)

Hopefully the seller will learn why packing and padding are used in boxes.

I had a motor plate, goes between motor & trans., do the same thing.

The shipper put it between 2 cardboard sheets with 1 layer of tape on the sides.

Well that plate cut right through the tape and I also got a empty cardboard container!

In my case the shipper made good.

Good luck

Dave ----

One little piece of tape would of saved it. There was no tape on the box at all. Just that little tab to close it on the folded box.

I had a motor plate, goes between motor & trans., do the same thing.

The shipper put it between 2 cardboard sheets with 1 layer of tape on the sides.

Well that plate cut right through the tape and I also got a empty cardboard container!

In my case the shipper made good.

Good luck

Dave ----

Sorry to hear that happened to you also. The seller refunded me. I think they know if I file for a refund eBay will rule in my favor for sure. I sent pictures also.