Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Nice work :nabble_smiley_good:

If the fuel line is this short I would not make up the rest with rubber hose!

I would get another 2 flare nuts and cuppler and leanth of metal line to run the leanth.

Put the nut on, flare the end, add the cuppler nut & flare the metal line and join the 2.

BTW what end is it short at, tank or pump?

That is the side tank you are working on but I dont think if they sent you a short bed line it would be that short?

With dual tanks the line from pump to tank valve is the same on both wheel bases.

I think I have my old SB line hanging on the wall and can measure if you want.

Dave ----

I see what they list as fitting 4wd have an additional section of line. :nabble_anim_confused:

Not that 2 or 4 wd trucks are any different length, or that the fuel line routing changes.

Screenshot_2021-05-03-19-49-40-449.jpeg.7828f9e9c2feed1887d2bf25547441f8.jpeg

I think Inline tube just can't figure out what they are selling.

Not sure where to start with a response as you have a ton of stuff in that post. But I'm glad that you got that fitting off. And you did what I sometimes do - hit the wrench with a hammer. It seems that the impact is what it takes.

And it seems that you have a good plan on the replacement. So I'll hide and watch as you sure seem to be getting things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Feel free to chime in anytime you see me headed off the rails. You can help prevent me from making a mistake. But thank you for the encouragement. I can't wait to hear the truck sing.

Nice work :nabble_smiley_good:

If the fuel line is this short I would not make up the rest with rubber hose!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96010/PXL_20210502_173204186.jpg

I would get another 2 flare nuts and cuppler and leanth of metal line to run the leanth.

Put the nut on, flare the end, add the cuppler nut & flare the metal line and join the 2.

BTW what end is it short at, tank or pump?

That is the side tank you are working on but I dont think if they sent you a short bed line it would be that short?

With dual tanks the line from pump to tank valve is the same on both wheel bases.

I think I have my old SB line hanging on the wall and can measure if you want.

Dave ----

Thank you for the feedback Dave. What is the science for metal lines? Is there an issue having two more feet of rubber line? See before the metal line ended smack in the middle of the tank. Now the metal line ends near the last quarter of the tank closest to the front of the truck. The metal line still reaches the tank just not in the center of it like before.

Based on the pictures from inline tubes website the one LMC sent me was for a shortbed. And even it was longer then what they sent me. I am so confused right now and apparently so is all the suppliers of lines too. Here is a picture of all three lines together. LMC didn't want the line back. After they calculated shipping they said keep it. If you have a chance to measure your line I would appreciate it.

PXL_20210502_174317005_2.jpg.dce595da50ac94e0c2e03611a8cf8db9.jpg

I see what they list as fitting 4wd have an additional section of line. :nabble_anim_confused:

Not that 2 or 4 wd trucks are any different length, or that the fuel line routing changes.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96011/Screenshot_2021-05-03-19-49-40-449.jpeg

The lower line looks exactly like what they sold me. I need to call them tomorrow. They never replied to my e-mail yet.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96011/Screenshot_2021-05-03-19-49-40-449.jpeg

The lower line looks exactly like what they sold me. I need to call them tomorrow. They never replied to my e-mail yet.

I submitted my one star review. Lets see if they actually post it.

"The fuel line is way too short for a 1981 F100 Longbed. It is almost half the length of the original line. I ordered a line from LMC also and it was much longer but with all the wrong bends. I just can't seem to find the right line for my truck. This one has the right bends but stops short."

https://www.inlinetube.com/products/sfrf8001

Right

Go to their website and you'll see that for 2wd applications they show only the one line

But if you look at 4wd it shows the additional piece (which when attached seems to make up the difference)

I don't know what they're thinking, but I DO know that the transfer case and front axle don't make any difference to the fuel line.

Right

Go to their website and you'll see that for 2wd applications they show only the one line

But if you look at 4wd it shows the additional piece (which when attached seems to make up the difference)

I don't know what they're thinking, but I DO know that the transfer case and front axle don't make any difference to the fuel line.

Its all they do and specialize in and they can't get it right. :nabble_anim_confused: I am just going to bend and flare my own lines moving forward. I don't want to deal with incompetent companies anymore. Nobody can make or sell proper factory lines apparently.

Right

Its all they do and specialize in and they can't get it right. :nabble_anim_confused: I am just going to bend and flare my own lines moving forward. I don't want to deal with incompetent companies anymore. Nobody can make or sell proper factory lines apparently.

We have vendor reviews in the marketplace section.

Feel free to relate your experience and express yourself!

Thanks, I should do that.

Does anyone know where I can get some high quality flexible or rubber fuel line? If I need to use a longer section I want something good quality. The one from Autozone seems cheap and the black color on the fuel line was coming off when it got exposed to some fuel when I was pumping out the old tank. Not a good sign.

https://www.autozone.com/plumbing-hosing/rubber-hose/continental-5-16in-fuel-and-emissions-hose-sold-per-foot/4955_0_0

Thanks, I should do that.

Does anyone know where I can get some high quality flexible or rubber fuel line? If I need to use a longer section I want something good quality. The one from Autozone seems cheap and the black color on the fuel line was coming off when it got exposed to some fuel when I was pumping out the old tank. Not a good sign.

https://www.autozone.com/plumbing-hosing/rubber-hose/continental-5-16in-fuel-and-emissions-hose-sold-per-foot/4955_0_0

I will get out and measure the line asap.

My take on using rubber hose.

NHRA drag racing rules say no more than 2 feet TOTAL of rubber fuel line.

I believe if something goes flying and hits a fuel line it will cut rubber were metal will most likely crush.

Rubber will break down overtime and leak where metal will take a lot longer to rust and leak.

Also in a crash rubber could break and leak metal only bend.

BTW where a fuel line goes by the clutch / fly wheel area it needs to be encased in heavy steel tubing for protection.

So I try vary hard to follow their rules even for street cars & trucks if I can.

That is why if I had to get the line to reach I would get more metal line and use a short piece of rubber hose to join the 2 parts over the 2 feet of rubber to make it reach.

Its just me and how I would do it.

On my drag car I ran alum. line for fuel from the fuel cell in the trunk out the truck floor into a filter then a pump then alum. line up to the engine bay to a regulator and in to the carb.

I used braided line between regulator & carb.

Dave ----