Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

My box also leaked down the liner and dripped on the house garage floor where the truck is parked and it will not come off the floor :nabble_smiley_angry:

I dont remember what I used on the plastic but may have been a putty knife?

Then maybe thinner to wipe what was left off?

I got as much of it as I could as my truck is all together and was not pulling it apart to wash this.

Dave ----

My old brain box still works and I want to keep it as a backup. I wonder what replacement brain juice I can put in? It looks like it just prevents the board from corrosion and maybe heat dissipation.

My box also leaked down the liner and dripped on the house garage floor where the truck is parked and it will not come off the floor :nabble_smiley_angry:

I got as much of it as I could as my truck is all together and was not pulling it apart to wash this.

Dave ----

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old brain box still works and I want to keep it as a backup. I wonder what replacement brain juice I can put in? It looks like it just prevents the board from corrosion and maybe heat dissipation.

Dave ----

On another note. Where are you Gary? I have missed your guidance and encouragement.

download_(1).thumb.jpg.b228127682c4c8b6cdc0e3febbaf6f6d.jpg

Dave ----

I'm honestly surprised you don't have some sort of magic juice for that. You have some of the most interesting stuff. It's electronics. Some sort of non conductive epoxy?

Dave ----

Start here...?

https://www.panacol-usa.com/adhesive-applications/electronics-pcb-assembly/electronics-potting-compounds

I'm honestly surprised you don't have some sort of magic juice for that. You have some of the most interesting stuff. It's electronics. Some sort of non conductive epoxy?

I have a hot glue gun but it might take a while to fill it up.

That's the stuff! Thanks for figuring out what it is called. Now I was able to find it on Amazon. I need to look at the board and see what components to replace to make it last longer and more reliable.

https://amzn.to/3tkoDMU

That's the stuff! Thanks for figuring out what it is called. Now I was able to find it on Amazon. I need to look at the board and see what components to replace to make it last longer and more reliable.

https://amzn.to/3tkoDMU

Before I put everything back together in the front drivers side I need to replace the body mounts. I will put the front mount back in first then remove the cab mount. I thought at first the bolt went into the cab but it is actually part of the frame under the cab. This will be fun to try and get a wrench in that small hole to keep the bolt from moving.

PXL_20210926_201905702.jpg.ef27dae5f86a6f0bc4421d9224e363cb.jpg

PXL_20220315_215627071.jpg.9a997e8e6b06a6b9c44a0172cc1451e6.jpg

PXL_20220315_215704380.jpg.7e76a12d1072757af24045b477e1c3f8.jpg

Before I put everything back together in the front drivers side I need to replace the body mounts. I will put the front mount back in first then remove the cab mount. I thought at first the bolt went into the cab but it is actually part of the frame under the cab. This will be fun to try and get a wrench in that small hole to keep the bolt from moving.

are you installing new replacement core support mounts? if so, I'm not quite sure of the wrench sizes. But the bolt goes up through the lower bushing, bracket, upper bushing, and large washer. then through the core support itself. the bolt threads into the upper bushing as it has a steel nut/sleeve. When cinching the inner nut and the square hold down plate, use about two feet of extensions and ratchet. you can see two crescent reliefs in the top of the core support right above them 18 mm deep well socket but some I have seen 3/4' too. might have been the rust. idk.

are you installing new replacement core support mounts? if so, I'm not quite sure of the wrench sizes. But the bolt goes up through the lower bushing, bracket, upper bushing, and large washer. then through the core support itself. the bolt threads into the upper bushing as it has a steel nut/sleeve. When cinching the inner nut and the square hold down plate, use about two feet of extensions and ratchet. you can see two crescent reliefs in the top of the core support right above them 18 mm deep well socket but some I have seen 3/4' too. might have been the rust. idk.

I have new mounts ready to go. Thanks for reminding me about the rust. I should probably start soaking the cab mount down to help it break loose. The front mount is already out and I still need to paint the hardware that I removed the rust on. I got a new bolt because the old one was too damaged.

PXL_20210911_175947077.jpg.fd8c7231b81ca2471b503b2beed6df7f.jpg

PXL_20220109_193739440.jpg.9f6864381532dd47a4ab1508b36b9fba.jpg

Dave ----

Mine still worked also and is a back up but I dont keep it in the truck as I dont need it leaking more inside it.

I would not even look into trying to re-potting it.

The reason I replaced it was I thought it was a cause for truck to jerk and the dash turn lights to flash at the same time. It did not fix the issue and have since found the AC compressor kicking on & off really fast, low on charge.

Dave ----