Bullnose Forums

locked BOTH sets of keys in truck....

A great place to hide a flat key for your daily driver is in your wallet if you keep it in your pocket at all times. This has saved me.

To unlock a bullnose, I’ve had the best luck by wedging the door open at the top corner and hooking the door handle with a piece of Romex house wire bent into a J or lasso.

A great place to hide a flat key for your daily driver is in your wallet if you keep it in your pocket at all times. This has saved me.

To unlock a bullnose, I’ve had the best luck by wedging the door open at the top corner and hooking the door handle with a piece of Romex house wire bent into a J or lasso.

I have a "wind bag"

It's a tool used to level windows, and just like a blood pressure cuff has a bulb pump and a bleeder valve.

But if I have to open a door I have some UHMW wedges that came with my lockout kit.

They don't damage paint and are easy enough to pound in with your hand.

X2 on the "make a loop"

Wire coat hangers are getting hard to find. But -ironically- the last time I locked myself out I was in front of a drycleaners.

Some wallets even have key holder "tags" in them. My last wallet had one... but it was lost on a trip a year and a half ago, never to be seen again (with all my cards too)... :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

If my next wallet has one, maybe I ought to keep a door key to each of my two trucks in it...

Some wallets even have key holder "tags" in them. My last wallet had one... but it was lost on a trip a year and a half ago, never to be seen again (with all my cards too)... :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

If my next wallet has one, maybe I ought to keep a door key to each of my two trucks in it...

Maybe you ought to key them alike???

I almost never lock my truck. (Maybe if I left it at the train station for the day or weekend or was in a movie)

You can slip a key into any card slot or back pocket behind the Bill fold. I never knew my key was in there... but man when I was locked out it sure made a difference!

I almost never lock my truck. (Maybe if I left it at the train station for the day or weekend or was in a movie)

One's a 1995 ranger (with a replaced ignition cylinder, haven't gotten to getting a new "universal" key made that will also work the doors), the other is the 1984 F150 below. The door key on the 1984 are a different blank than the ranger keys; the ignition key is a match, though (and has caused me some embarrassing moments when I've tried to use one key to start the other).

Even easier cut 1 side for 1 truck and cut the other side for truck #2.

Could do this for the IGN key so you only need 1 key for each truck.

If the key does not turn pull it out and flip it and try again.

Dave ----

One's a 1995 ranger (with a replaced ignition cylinder, haven't gotten to getting a new "universal" key made that will also work the doors), the other is the 1984 F150 below. The door key on the 1984 are a different blank than the ranger keys; the ignition key is a match, though (and has caused me some embarrassing moments when I've tried to use one key to start the other).

I bought a set of 3 cylinders from Standard Automotive Products by way of Amazon for a later F-series truck.

The bitting is the same on these, so I could toss my oval key and only need one for the truck.

Wasn't expensive.

I think there was some discussion about this when I sent my pinning kit to Bill (85Lebaront2)

Even easier cut 1 side for 1 truck and cut the other side for truck #2.

Could do this for the IGN key so you only need 1 key for each truck.

If the key does not turn pull it out and flip it and try again.

Dave ----

Won't work Dave.

The bitting on the older pickup is reversed from the door cylinders on his Ranger.