Bullnose Forums

What do you use your truck for? Do you consider it complete?

I bought my truck to do weekly trash runs to the dump, trash smalls bad in the vary hot summer in my SUV!

Well when I got it home I took it completely apart for a rebuild over 4 years.

I did not rebuild the motor as it ran good before the work started, or the rear axle, but everything else was gone through.

When I got it on the road, first road test it failed big time but just made it back to the house.

A week later the fire drive was 35+ miles to my work for a car show they put on for 60 years in buss.

I found the T18 transmission was junk so I found a used NP435 and bought Advance Adaptor over drive unit to install with the swap.

I also got the AC working late last summer but had a leak I hope just fixed.

I have a oil leak that I need to find and fix and I am still tweaking the carb / timing for better MPG.

With all the work I have done to it there is nothing more I want to do other than enjoy driving it.

It was done to be a nice looking driver, back up to pull my car trailer, and hit a car show or two.

Had 2 people at the gas station and 1 today at the dump say it was nice looking truck.

I do drive it to work a lot, 35+ miles each way, and use it weekly for the trash runs.

Someone calls it the "garbage truck" LOL see the trach in the bed?

Yes I did all the work.

Dave ----

Yes! Yes, I do. 😁

But I think "Garbage Scow" has a certain cache that is more becoming.

I think "Garbage Scow" has a certain cache that is more becoming.

Should we move that to the Truck Names thread? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Surewhynot?

I bought a set of emblems to replace the "custom" moniker on my truck.

But it's not appropriate for this forum, so....

The ebay item number is 254831965346