Bullnose Forums

Power Steering Pump Hose for Saginaw Pump Conversion

I'm wanting to change out my C2 Pump for a Saginaw unit for which I have. The only thing I'm lacking is the high pressure hose. For those of you whom have done this, curious as to what route you went in the high pressure hose area?

My OEM hose has a complex routing at the steering box. See image of the hose below. Thinking about buying a new hose (same OEM hose for my truck), cutting off the end that goes to the C2 pump (fitting to the right) and adding a fitting to that end that will go into my Saginaw pump, provided I can find a fitting. Thoughts?

Power_Steering_Pump_Hose.thumb.jpg.a77dc2f4a0ee37d84afaf9245390bbe4.jpg

I wish I could help but my truck came with the pump and hose when I got it.

I wonder if it is from a van as they had the Sag pump?

Dave ----

Dave, I pulled my pump, brackets, hoses, and all associated hardware off a ford van. I can't use the hose for my fit. Wonder if I might bother you for a picture of the hose on your truck?

John, I used the van hose in my truck.

I did have to massage that 'S' bend in the steel tubing, but the hose for an '86 E350 is in my truck a decade later.

I had one made in Tulsa, or rather had a different end out on a new hose. But that was for a hydro boost system.

You can find what I learned in Big Blues Transformation thread. As explained there, there are at least two different fittings for the Saginaw.

I had one made in Tulsa, or rather had a different end out on a new hose. But that was for a hydro boost system.

You can find what I learned in Big Blues Transformation thread. As explained there, there are at least two different fittings for the Saginaw.

Gary, didn't find your conversation in BB Transformation, rather "Hydroboost Planning" thread. Looks like you did what I am considering in modifying a new hose. Was that outfit that you used in Tulsa Ameriflex? I took one of my hoses by to a local guy yesterday that does hydraulic lines, but unfortunately he does not do the smaller stuff, as the lines on our automobiles. He recommended Kim's International.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Gary, didn't find your conversation in BB Transformation, rather "Hydroboost Planning" thread. Looks like you did what I am considering in modifying a new hose. Was that outfit that you used in Tulsa Ameriflex? I took one of my hoses by to a local guy yesterday that does hydraulic lines, but unfortunately he does not do the smaller stuff, as the lines on our automobiles. He recommended Kim's International.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Sorry, I forgot about that thread. Yes, I think it was Ameriflex.

Dave, I pulled my pump, brackets, hoses, and all associated hardware off a ford van. I can't use the hose for my fit. Wonder if I might bother you for a picture of the hose on your truck?

Do you want a pic of the van hose in my truck?

I know I have a 460 so the pump bracket is different, but the Saginaw pump and steering box are the same.

Fittings changed on the back of the Saginaw to metric at some point.

And don't forget that the pressure valve stays with the pump, only the hose swivel comes off.

What year van did you get your pump and bracket from, John?

Do you want a pic of the van hose in my truck?

I know I have a 460 so the pump bracket is different, but the Saginaw pump and steering box are the same.

Fittings changed on the back of the Saginaw to metric at some point.

And don't forget that the pressure valve stays with the pump, only the hose swivel comes off.

What year van did you get your pump and bracket from, John?

You bet, Jim......please post. Looking at all options.

I think the Van I took it off of was an 83. It also had a 351 Windsor.

Thanks!