Bullnose Forums

ZF 5 diagrams from F250/F350

Can anyone share any explosions or other diagrams of the ZF 5 clutch assembly and related parts that mate the Zf 5 to the 460? Ideally it would be a 96ish F250/F350 diagram. I don't need explosions of the transmission itself (easy to find those).

I'm doing a massive swap (460, ZF5, NP205) and I'm at the point that I'm starting to collect those little parts like bolts and bushings. I'm using a standard sized flywheel with Centerforce clutch for the F250 so most if not all of the other parts that mate the engine and tranny would be standard to a 96 F250/F350. Just need to figure out exactly what those are.

I have fork, TOB, clutch master/slave, pilot bearing, transmission mount (and the crossmember and gussets from a 91 M5OD 4x4). I'm pretty sure I need 1.5" 7/16-14 bolts to hold on the bellhousing.

Do I need a front input sleeve? Do I need a 87-96 clutch safety switch or can I use the one stock to my 84?

Thanks

You need the tin spacer plate that goes on before the flywheel is installed.

This locates the starter motor.

If by input sleeve you mean pilot bushing, yes you need one.

If you mean the sleeve the release bearing rides on, yes, of course you need one

There's no need to relocate the clutch safety switch, or use the later (diagonal mounted) clutch master cylinder.

You need the tin spacer plate that goes on before the flywheel is installed.

This locates the starter motor.

If by input sleeve you mean pilot bushing, yes you need one.

If you mean the sleeve the release bearing rides on, yes, of course you need one

There's no need to relocate the clutch safety switch, or use the later (diagonal mounted) clutch master cylinder.

Hi Jim. I’ve got the engine plate you mentioned.

I have the pilot bearing but that’s not the same as the input sleeve I’m talking about. Here’s one for sale at JBG. What is it?

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1990-1997-Ford-Bronco-F-Series-Truck-ZF-Front-Input-Kwik-Sleeve/productinfo/31025/

I have the pilot bearing but that’s not the same as the input sleeve I’m talking about. Here’s one for sale at JBG. What is it?

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1990-1997-Ford-Bronco-F-Series-Truck-ZF-Front-Input-Kwik-Sleeve/productinfo/31025/

What is it?

Your guess is as good as mine as I don't know either?

Wonder where on the trans it goes as that might help?

Dave ----

A kwik sleeve is a repair for the a shaft. Used for when there's too much wear on the shaft from the seal. Many are open but that one is closed, so you probably have to break off the closed part once you get it in position.

Does your input shaft have a lot of wear or roughness where the seal hits? If not, then you shouldn't need that.

I'm on the same page as Gary, though I don't see how a cup fits the input.

Kwik sleeve, SpeediSleeve, ect are to create a smooth seal surface where the lip of the old seal has worn a groove.

It is shown as fitting Bronco, 150 & 250 so my guess is it is for the Interior (concentric) slave in the Windsor pattern Zf, that don't use a fork and external slave.

These gearboxes did get an update to the slave that screws to the front of the gearbox itself.

But I never thought it sealed to the input shaft.

Sorry I can't offer more.

I'm not on top of the little Windsor trucks.

I'm on the same page as Gary, though I don't see how a cup fits the input.

Kwik sleeve, SpeediSleeve, ect are to create a smooth seal surface where the lip of the old seal has worn a groove.

It is shown as fitting Bronco, 150 & 250 so my guess is it is for the Interior (concentric) slave in the Windsor pattern Zf, that don't use a fork and external slave.

These gearboxes did get an update to the slave that screws to the front of the gearbox itself.

But I never thought it sealed to the input shaft.

Sorry I can't offer more.

I'm not on top of the little Windsor trucks.

But it is made by Timken (bearings?) so I wonder if it is to fit a bearing into because it made a hole to large say in the alum. case?

I got to say it is :nabble_anim_confused: :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

But it is made by Timken (bearings?) so I wonder if it is to fit a bearing into because it made a hole to large say in the alum. case?

I got to say it is :nabble_anim_confused: :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

My original instinct when I was doing the research lead me to believe the same as what Gary is saying. I’m mostly finding this type of part referred to as an “input repair sleeve” when it’s part of a rebuild kit but wasn’t sure if it was the same thing. I think JBGs description may just be a bit incomplete.

Please let me know if anyone has access to those explosions. I’d rather not buy a WSM just to find out how many bolts I need hahaha

My original instinct when I was doing the research lead me to believe the same as what Gary is saying. I’m mostly finding this type of part referred to as an “input repair sleeve” when it’s part of a rebuild kit but wasn’t sure if it was the same thing. I think JBGs description may just be a bit incomplete.

Please let me know if anyone has access to those explosions. I’d rather not buy a WSM just to find out how many bolts I need hahaha

The kwik sleeves I used on Big Blue’s front hubs were closed like that to allow pressing them in easily. And they were perforated so the closed part could be broke off.

But what exploded views are you looking for?

The kwik sleeves I used on Big Blue’s front hubs were closed like that to allow pressing them in easily. And they were perforated so the closed part could be broke off.

But what exploded views are you looking for?

Ideally I’d like the explosions that include the flywheel and everything inside the bell housing for an F250 with a ZF 5, Gary.