Bullnose Forums

Rant - poor shipping service SW Performance parts

And FedEx says it's on truck for delivery. Just don't know if it's too me or to USPS

I have a good word that USPS is doing final drop of most shippers packages.

I just got a carb off Ebay that came from Cali. to MC and left by UPS.

UPS only list label made & it was shipped or picked up nothing else.

Some where along the line UPS handed the package over to USPS for the door drop.

Seller charged for shipping and posted when it would show up and it did show on the day they said.

Sorry to hear it is taking so long for your shipment.

Dave ----

And FedEx says it's on truck for delivery. Just don't know if it's too me or to USPS

And the saga continues. Tracking said it went out on truck for delivery yesterday, Saturday 3/28. I thought just maybe they'd deliver to me. Nope. Back to the terminal last night. Hopefully tomorrow... To me and not to USPS for them to have it for another week.

And the saga continues. Tracking said it went out on truck for delivery yesterday, Saturday 3/28. I thought just maybe they'd deliver to me. Nope. Back to the terminal last night. Hopefully tomorrow... To me and not to USPS for them to have it for another week.

I haven't found that USPS is slow in getting packages out of your local Post Office.

They don't even have room for the packages within their system.

When the big brown box backs up to their dock and disgorges a load, they want them gone.

But, in the incredible wisdom of our new Postmaster General he won't allow pivots, overtime on route or a second truck to go out midday (except for the Amazon contract, that was in place before he was appointed)

I haven't found that USPS is slow in getting packages out of your local Post Office.

They don't even have room for the packages within their system.

When the big brown box backs up to their dock and disgorges a load, they want them gone.

But, in the incredible wisdom of our new Postmaster General he won't allow pivots, overtime on route or a second truck to go out midday (except for the Amazon contract, that was in place before he was appointed)

Yes once it gets local, that works great. Problem is, everything coming here has to go thru Greensboro, NC. Which is conveniently where the postmaster general came from.

I have an ebay item that has gone from zip 27495 to 27498 and back to 27495 just since Friday. And there is a third distribution center down there that packages go to sometimes.

That's why I'm hoping fedex will bring it to me instead of giving it to USPS, who can cycle it around Greensboro for weeks. They've done that before as well.

When I order from Amazon, I try to look for items with next day or two day. They usually come in the big blue truck, which is best right now. I always check them first.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Yes once it gets local, that works great. Problem is, everything coming here has to go thru Greensboro, NC. Which is conveniently where the postmaster general came from.

I have an ebay item that has gone from zip 27495 to 27498 and back to 27495 just since Friday. And there is a third distribution center down there that packages go to sometimes.

That's why I'm hoping fedex will bring it to me instead of giving it to USPS, who can cycle it around Greensboro for weeks. They've done that before as well.

When I order from Amazon, I try to look for items with next day or two day. They usually come in the big blue truck, which is best right now. I always check them first.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Things must be different down there.

Here, UPS or FedUp have to bring it right to the zip on the address, not to a hub.

DeJoy is doing his damnedest to further hobble a constitutional mandate.

His stake in XPO doesn't seem like a conflict?

I'm not interested in any politics.

Just the discussion about logistics.

And you're right, The blue truck just left here.....

Things must be different down there.

Here, UPS or FedUp have to bring it right to the zip on the address, not to a hub.

DeJoy is doing his damnedest to further hobble a constitutional mandate.

His stake in XPO doesn't seem like a conflict?

I'm not interested in any politics.

Just the discussion about logistics.

And you're right, The blue truck just left here.....

I'm with ya on dejoy.

But yes everything coming to our zip goes to GSO first. Used to work good. Would hit GSO, be at my house next day. Btw covid-19 and dejoy, that's not the case now.

If it comes from USPS. Fedex and UPS have hubs in Kernersville, NC. If they deliver a package it will come from there.

I'm with ya on dejoy.

But yes everything coming to our zip goes to GSO first. Used to work good. Would hit GSO, be at my house next day. Btw covid-19 and dejoy, that's not the case now.

If it comes from USPS. Fedex and UPS have hubs in Kernersville, NC. If they deliver a package it will come from there.

Well what a surprise!. Left to take my son to his mom's and there was a package on the front porch. Distributor caps and buttons. They are on but didn't get a chance to drive around block to check if it made any better or not.

So this saga ends. Thanks for everyone's comments and support.