Bullnose Forums

Rant - poor shipping service SW Performance parts

Just a note to let everyone know that SW Performance parts offers free shipping. HOWEVER, it is through FEDEX SMart Post, which seems to basically find someone crossing the country by bicycle and arranging them to deliver it. My order went in on 3/18/2021 and as of 3/26/2021, has only made it from Phoenix AZ to Tuscaloosa AL. On the way to NW NC.

So if you are ever tempted by their parts, keep in mind you may as well pay for the extra shipping.

I'm pretty angry with them and can't do a thing about it. I chose the free shipping. I never knew there was such a slow method to ship.

Kinda like the boat I am in. I ordered a short block from Creb Engineering last friday. He emailed me a first draft build sheet on Sunday with a few questions to answer I replied back and havent heard back form him. I got a few questions I wanted to ask and I dont believe the build sheet is finalized since I never received a finalized one.

But did state on his ebay listing that its 20 - 30 days for him to get a short block built and shipped out.

If i am not mistaken FedEx smartpost uses the USPS.

I have several packages ordered lately from the west coast. One of them took 2 1/2 weeks to arive.

It sat at one location for 6 days with no movement.

Smartpost uses FedEx to get it to your local post office.

The USPS then takes it out on their rounds the next day.

But FedEx puts absolutely no priority on it.

It goes by truck, not air. And often sits around in a depot waiting for an empty backhaul to get to the next location.

I guess they figure if they are getting chiseled for pennies and they're not the ones who have to show their face at your door, they're fine* with you being PO'd at your letter carrier.

Take it up with SWPP, and tell them their shipping sucks so bad you are not doing business with them any more.

Better yet, give them a link to this thread as well. 💡

It goes by truck, not air. And often sits around in a depot waiting for an empty backhaul to get to the next location.

I guess they figure if they are getting chiseled for pennies and they're not the ones who have to show their face at your door, they're fine* with you being PO'd at your letter carrier.

Take it up with SWPP, and tell them their shipping sucks so bad you are not doing business with them any more.

We have vendor reviews in the Marketplace section. 💡

But this is more about FedEx than SW.

If they actually shipped it on time you can't say much after it is in FedEx's hands.

I did email then expressing my aggravation with the shipping. I also realize that it's my fault for choosing that service. I didn't know there was such a slow

I did email then expressing my aggravation with the shipping. I also realize that it's my fault for choosing that service. I didn't know there was such a slow

I don't think it's anybody's "fault" that Smartpost stinks.

What stinks is that FedEx presents it as viable shipping option to businesses.

And those businesses lose face (and customers) because it can be so bad.

I call FedEx Smart Post Dumb Post and UPS Sure Post Unsure Post, where I am, either of those services result in me usually having to drive into the post office to pick up the items. We have one carrier who will drive his USPS van down the half block to the house and hand us the packages so we get them in a timely manner. No savings there, just annoying.

I call FedEx Smart Post Dumb Post and UPS Sure Post Unsure Post, where I am, either of those services result in me usually having to drive into the post office to pick up the items. We have one carrier who will drive his USPS van down the half block to the house and hand us the packages so we get them in a timely manner. No savings there, just annoying.

A couple of times now FedEx has delivered it instead of taking it to our post office. Which I think sped things up after a slow route.