Bullnose Forums

Phil - East Tennessee - 1984 F150 4x4 300 inline 6 long bed

Thanks for the tip. Never heard of Tabco. I’ll check it out!

Many of us here are big fans of Tabco. :nabble_anim_claps:

Most of their panels are thick, fully annealed, galvanized and made right here in the USA.

The outer floor, where it dips into the pinch weld seal is the ONE panel I've ever ordered that comes primed black instead of galvanized.

In fact, if it's not raining tomorrow I intend to weld in a bed corner, for where I folded my bumper in.

I can take pics for the WHYDTYTT.

While I turned Gary on to them, his top notch body man said they were the best he'd ever worked with (short of OEM)

Dave (Fuzzface 2) got a call back after placing an order saying he wouldn't need some of the panels because of the healthy overlap of the others.

Saved him some $ and says a lot about their personalized customer service.

I've actually called to order and the gentleman went out into the shop (you could hear the presses slamming, and tin being tossed around) to double check there was inventory enough to fill my order.

A+ operation all around. :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome, Phil! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like a really good project on which to teach a lot of skills. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the idea of a "camping rig", that's kind of what Big Blue is evolving into. I'm getting ready to add a bed cover that has tracks that will hold racks and a tent, allowing us to camp pretty much wherever we stop.

What part of East Tenn are you in? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you with a city or zip.

Thanks Gary. We're in Niota.

I like the idea of a bed cover and rack. I was thinking camper top, but that might be even better.

Many of us here are big fans of Tabco. :nabble_anim_claps:

Most of their panels are thick, fully annealed, galvanized and made right here in the USA.

The outer floor, where it dips into the pinch weld seal is the ONE panel I've ever ordered that comes primed black instead of galvanized.

In fact, if it's not raining tomorrow I intend to weld in a bed corner, for where I folded my bumper in.

I can take pics for the WHYDTYTT.

While I turned Gary on to them, his top notch body man said they were the best he'd ever worked with (short of OEM)

Dave (Fuzzface 2) got a call back after placing an order saying he wouldn't need some of the panels because of the healthy overlap of the others.

Saved him some $ and says a lot about their personalized customer service.

I've actually called to order and the gentleman went out into the shop (you could hear the presses slamming, and tin being tossed around) to double check there was inventory enough to fill my order.

A+ operation all around. :nabble_smiley_good:

First I've seen 8' panels. Looks like the way I'll go with that. Thanks a ton! My bed already has the plug inside and hitch for a goose neck as well, so I didn't want to get rid of that. I'd be interested to see how that bed corner comes along. I've got one of those to fix as well if I want to keep this bed.

First I've seen 8' panels. Looks like the way I'll go with that. Thanks a ton! My bed already has the plug inside and hitch for a goose neck as well, so I didn't want to get rid of that. I'd be interested to see how that bed corner comes along. I've got one of those to fix as well if I want to keep this bed.

It was a rainy start to the day so I'm just getting back from catching up on errands.

I hope to pull the bumper, grind it back and have the patch fitted if not welded after I get lunch.