Bullnose Forums

Queston's on PMGR starter upgrade

The point I was making is there are other sources for a good starter, I will bet I can call Pasco Monday and he will have a new Certi-Pro (the brand Matt's old company carried, Pasco bought the name and stock) or a good remanufactured one on the shelf and that's here on Virginia's appendix.

My point is the numbers cross for all 5.0, 5.8, 4.9, etc automatic applications.

You can walk into any parts store and ask for a '95 pickup starter, or an Aviator starter or a Grand Marquis starter, or a Town Car.

If 41014023 is in the system it's a hit.

That's one of the nice things about DB's website.

They have the Lester numbers, and all the competitors numbers. Bosch, Delco, Motorcraft.....

At work we've always used the hatachi replacement for the Ford PMGR starters that is what our supplier sells as they are more dependable and powerful than the OE units.

If I have to go PMGR on my 9.0:1 to 9.5:1 306 build I will use the Hatachi replacement otherwise I plan on sticking with the OE starter that is still going strong from since I got the truck in 92.

I know you're looking for a new one, but I grabbed a PMGR starter out of a 1996 F150 at the junkyard a couple years ago. It was a fairly fresh Napa reman, and I was under the truck getting something else anyway, so I grabbed it. It is now in my 1980 and working like a champ!

I haven't installed one in my '84 yet...but likely will when the time comes.