Bullnose Forums

Queston's on PMGR starter upgrade

I'm not high on Powermaster. I'm running one because it was on the truck when I got it, as was a Powermaster alternator. But it failed almost immediately and they don't sell replacement parts. You have to ship it back. Don't know if that applies to starters.

Were I to buy I'd probably go to DB Electric. Several on here have had good luck with their alternators, so why not their starters. Here's a link to their starters for Ford F-Series.

I'm not high on Powermaster. I'm running one because it was on the truck when I got it, as was a Powermaster alternator. But it failed almost immediately and they don't sell replacement parts. You have to ship it back. Don't know if that applies to starters.

Were I to buy I'd probably go to DB Electric. Several on here have had good luck with their alternators, so why not their starters. Here's a link to their starters for Ford F-Series.

Never heard of that brand. Might be a possiblity.

Are the new motorcraft starters any good?

I see them on Rockauto. A little more money though.

Thanks for the info.

I like the price and shipping on the DB Electric starter. Their web site shows that it is not available.

1990 Lincoln Town Car, 302, AOD and PMGR starter. Just look for that one, will also work on 4.9L and 351W with automatic transmissions.

My son and I started this bit years ago after finding it was a bolt on for trucks as well as cars. I finally had to change the first one I put on Darth sometime in the late 90s this past summer.

1990 Lincoln Town Car, 302, AOD and PMGR starter. Just look for that one, will also work on 4.9L and 351W with automatic transmissions.

My son and I started this bit years ago after finding it was a bolt on for trucks as well as cars. I finally had to change the first one I put on Darth sometime in the late 90s this past summer.

- deleted -

- deleted -

The point I was making is there are other sources for a good starter, I will bet I can call Pasco Monday and he will have a new Certi-Pro (the brand Matt's old company carried, Pasco bought the name and stock) or a good remanufactured one on the shelf and that's here on Virginia's appendix.