Bullnose Forums

Does anybody have a picture of a T-18 shifter?

Shaun has some great side by side pictures of the bent sticks, since (as I recall) he has modified the straight stick from a five speed to look period correct in the '80-'81 trucks he is so enamored with.

Here is my T18 before the NP435 was swapped in.

8020Inside001.jpg.5e83074b001574340c80e75a4bd3d73f.jpg

Here is the NP435. I had to heat & bend it a little to clear the seat because it sits back about 8" from factory because of the Advance Adaptor over drive in front of it.

It does have some crazy bends to start with!

20200616_140248.jpg.31e5494fd534699fb80d1ee478057dd4.jpg

Dave ----

Shaun has some great side by side pictures of the bent sticks, since (as I recall) he has modified the straight stick from a five speed to look period correct in the '80-'81 trucks he is so enamored with.

That's what I did with my '84. I grafted a curvy NP435 stick on to an M5OD stub so that my 5spd truck actually looks like it has a 4spd in it.

I'm going to do the same thing with the 5spd in the 1980 project truck, but I want to replicate the T-18 shifter that would have been in it originally.

Seems pretty straight forward going by the pictures posted. Thanks gentlemen!

That's what I did with my '84. I grafted a curvy NP435 stick on to an M5OD stub so that my 5spd truck actually looks like it has a 4spd in it.

I'm going to do the same thing with the 5spd in the 1980 project truck, but I want to replicate the T-18 shifter that would have been in it originally.

Seems pretty straight forward going by the pictures posted. Thanks gentlemen!

I have others of the T18 on my web site with the trans out of the truck if you need them.

Dave ----